Monday, July 24, 2017

Winter Greetings



Continuing the Christmas in July theme, today's Sparkle N Sprinkle card combines the wreath and bird from the Winter Greetings Birds and Wreath set along with the Bob Hope quote from the Spirit of Christmas Poinsettias stamp set.

I started out by using my stamp positioner (the new and improved Tim Holtz Stamp Platforms are now in stock) and inking up the wreath with two different colors of green ink by Memento.  I left the stamp where it was and colored the leaves and holly berries with Copic markers.  I inked up the stamp again with VersaMark, stamped on top of my colored wreath, and heat set it with Clear embossing powder.  You can really see the dimension this extra step gave to the card.  I also inked up the Noel stamp (part of the Winter Greeting set) with VersaMark and heat set it with Red Apple embossing powder.

The sentiment was stamped with VersaFine and heat set with Clear embossing powder.  I accented this with one of the birds (also colored with Copic markers) from the Winter Greetings set.

To give a bit more sparkle to my Christmas card, I added Sparkling Snow glitter to the holly berries.  (I use this glitter so much that I decided to get the Economy jar 👀.) I also added two strips of 1/4" Tear-ific Tape along the edges of my card and covered the adhesive with the new Sterling velvet glitter.  (Love this color!)


I created a second card using these same sets and stamping technique, but I die cut the center of the front panel with a Spellbinders die (Classic Scallop Circle) and stamped the image on the inside panel.  I also dry embossed the front panel with an embossing folder that came with a CardMaker magazine.

When you open the card, you see the Bob Hope sentiment from the Spirit of Christmas Poinsettias set, stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with Red Apple embossing powder.  Sterling velvet glitter also accents the edges of both the front panel as well as the edges of the inside.  The Holiday Wishes banner, which is part of the Winter Greetings set, was also heat embossed with Red Apple embossing powder.

Both of these cards are flat and can be easily mailed without extra postage.

8 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous creations! Love the wreath done in the different colors and then heat embossed with the clear embossing powder. Nice touch with the window card too!

Donna Ellis said...

whoa! beautiful creation, Anne, and the double use of an aperture is really great! Have a wonderful week. hugs, de

Lisa said...

They are both so elegant and gorgeous, Anne!! The wreaths look so amazing!! I love the designs of both beautiful cards!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

MiamiKel said...

Oh Anne, what a dazzling Christmas card! This is so elegant and is a wonderful card fold - perfect holiday inspiration ♥ Merry Christmas in July!

Donna said...

This is gorgeous Anne, I enlarged it to really enjoy all the embossing and details that make the card so extra special.

Lena said...

Your cards are lovely and festive. Perfect for Christmas, Anne. Love them both!
Hugs,
Lena

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful cards Anne! I love that wreath and the sentiment on the first card is so sweet!

Sherrie K. said...

Go gorgeous!!!
Sherrie K