Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Hydrangea {Scrapy Land #76}


It's time for a new Scrapy Land Challenge.  The theme is always Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.

I used the following dies for this project:
Sue Wilson Designs: Noble dies-Double Pierced Rectangles, Set B
Elizabeth Craft Designs: Hydrangea 2
Elizabeth Craft Designs: Fitted Circle
Taylored Expressions: Label Stacklets 1

I started out by die cutting the focal mat with the Sue Wilson dies.  I then ran it through my machine again to dry emboss the edges.  Next I used various Nuvo Embellishment Mousse and a Tim Holtz stencil (clockwork).

The circle was die cut from white cardstock, colored with a Copic marker, and then I used a Spectrum Noir Sparkle marker (Crystal Clear) to give it added bling.


After using the direct to paper method to color some white cardstock with Distress Inks, I added VersaMark and heat set this with Clear embossing powder.  I then die cut the individual petals and shaped them. I wanted each blossom to have a dewy look.

The sentiment was stamped on to cream colored cardstock, die cut, and then pop dotted.  I combined various strips from leftover projects to finish of my card.

Now it's your turn to come play with us.  You have until October 29 to join in on the fun.  There are two winners, one chosen by random.org and the other chosen by the Designers.  Each winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to Scrapy Land.
Be sure to check out what the rest of the Designers have created for this Scrapy Land Challenge.



12 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

I love hydrangeas and your card is just an example of beautiful they are! I love the soft colors on your card and that sentiment too!!

Sherrie K. said...

So pretty Anne! The background looks awesome..great contrast with that lovely hydrangea! Have a wonderful day~
Sherrie K

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the background panel, works perfectly with your awesome dimensional hydrangea!

Lisa said...

This is stunning, Anne!! The background panel looks amazing!! I love the colors and sparkle!! The hydrangea is gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Samra said...

What a gorgeous flower!!! Love everything about this card!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

sarascloset said...

Just BEAUTIFUL, Anne! I love the contrast of the black with the bolder colors of your die cuts. The stenciled panels look amazing and your flower made from the tiniest die cuts I've ever seen is truly lovely! Hugs!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Pink Panoply said...

Wow, Anne, what a stunning card. Your stenciled background is lovely and your dewy hydrangea is gorgeous. You have combined so many fun techniques and they have all come together beautifully.

R's Rue said...

Love.

Lena said...

Lovely card design. Beautiful flower!
Hugs,
Lena

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Stunning card!
This background is fabulous !Love the hydrangea !
hugs
maryvonne

Lena said...

What a beautiful card design. Love the background. Love the flowers!
Hugs,
Lena