Wednesday, November 15, 2017

BOO! {Scrapy Land # 78}


inside

It's time for a new Scrapy Land Challenge.  The theme is always Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.

Some of the designers got together for a fall/Halloween card exchange and today we are sharing what we created with everyone.  I created this fun Halloween card and treat box filled with a few goodies for Lisa.

The following dies were used for my creations:


Sue Wilson Designs: Noble dies-Double Pierced Rectangles, Set B
Taylored Expressions: Birch Tree cutting plate (these would also work)
My Favorite Things: Birthday Speech Bubbles (these would also work)
Tonic Studios: Spooktacular Coffin Treat Box die set
Tonic Studios: Boo! (this would also work)
Tonic Studios: Crawly Spiderweb (these would also work)
Tonic Studios: Happy Halloween (these would also work)

Starting with the card, the background was created by first applying Distress Inks and Distress Oxides to a piece of white cardstock die cut with the Sue Wilson Designs die.  Once I was happy with the colors,  the next step was to add the hint of trees in the background.  I used the Birch Tree cutting plate and die cut a piece of white cardstock.  I laid this on top of my colored background and then generously spritzed it with a homemade spritzer.  You could also use Perfect Pearls mist or just plain water.  My spritzer has a pearlized finish to it.  The trees remained dark and the areas in between were lighter.  I loved the results of this technique.

The skeleton is part of the Coffin Treat Box set and each piece of the skeleton is individual, so you can pose him any way you'd like.  I added Black Ice glitter to the Boo! and to the hat band.  Distress Inks and Oxides were also used to color my speech bubble.


For the inside of the card, I die cut two of the spiderwebs from white cardstock and gave them a bit of color using Antique Linen Distress Oxide.  The Happy Halloween background was also colored with the same inks as the front of the card and Copic markers were used to color the lettering.  The spider (part of the Coffin Treat box set) was die cut from mirrored cardstock by Tonic Studios and then a bit of Nuvo Crystal Drops accents his backside.


In addition to the card, I also made this fun treat box to give to my recipient, which was Lisa. Mirrored cardstock (Glossy Black and Purple Mist) was used for all of the die cut pieces except the centipedes.  These were die cut from scraps of white cardstock, colored with Copic markers and then heat set with Glow in the Dark embossing powder.

Here are some photos of the sides.


I also want to share the fabulous fall card I received from Maryvonne.  It is stunning and also came with a beautiful gift box (along with some very nice treats!)  Be sure to visit Maryvonne's blog to see how she created this special card.  Thank you Maryvonne!!



There will be two winners chosen for the Scrapy Land Challenge, one random.org winner and one chosen by the design team.  Each winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to go shopping at Scrapy Land.  You have until Dec 3 to join us.


7 comments:

Samra said...

WOW! What a great Halloween card Anne! Love it!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Lori Kobular said...

Wow Anne!! I love your spooky and fun card! The technique for your tree background is so clever! I am going to have to try that! I love the colors and the fun skeleton! Your coffin treat box is wonderfully creepy and I love all the details you added to it! That mirrored paper is perfect for the coffin!

Diane said...

Anne, this is super FABULOUS...wow, I just love how you have used this die, so creative and inspiring! Beautiful card from your friend as well...A RAK is always welcome I am sure!!

Lisa said...

I just absolutely love, love these, Anne and I am looking at them as I type :) Thank you again for everything!! And because of this and how much I love it, I had to get that coffin die!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Super cool card and coffin! I love the wonderful background colors and the skeleton just pops against it...love, love!
Eeek, the coffin is spooky but I love it! Fun colors and gool design!
Hugs,
Sherrie K

Lena said...

Spooktacular Halloween card :-) Maryvonne's card is lovely.
Hugs,
Lena

sarascloset said...

Anne, I am sure Lisa was so pleased and maybe just a little frightened when she opened her package from you! :) I love that skellie and your treat box is out of this world! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Hugs!