Monday, November 20, 2017

Cat's Meow



This was a fun birthday card to create.  I recycled some junk mail for the presents  (these were fussy cut out from a larger sheet) and used the Cat's Meow rubber stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle to embellish those presents.  What cat doesn't like boxes, whether it's getting into them or sitting on top of them?

I used the Stamp Platform to stamp the two cats onto white cardstock.  (Be sure to leave the stamps in place.)  Then I colored the images with Koh-I-Nor colored pencils.  Once this step was completed, I placed the cardstock with stamped and colored images back on the Stamp Platform and stamped on top of the colored images with VersaMark and heat set with Clear Detail embossing powder.  This gives you great details and is an extra step that I do most every time.








For the background, I started out by dry embossed a piece of orange cardstock with a Tonic Studios embossing folder (Modern Chevron). Then I covered the entire piece with VersaMark and Sparkle embossing powder and heat set.  Just as the name of the embossing powder implies, this gives it lots of bling.

I adhered the packages with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape and then pop dotted the cats on top of the packages. Bubble Gum glitter was added to both cats' noses and the inside of their ears. Sunny Daze glitter gives the little butterfly the grey tom cat is holding its sparkle.

The Happy Birthday die cuts are from a Sizzix set (Balloons Step Up) and were die cut from white cardstock.  The letters were given lots of bling using the Glue-less Glitter techniqueVersaMark and Clear Detail embossing powder are first applied, then another layer of VersaMark and Denim velvet glitter.  The shadows are covered with Sparkle embossing powder.

The sentiment, which is part of this rubber set was die cut using a die from another Sizzix set (Ticket-Fold A Long).  Using the Stamp Platform, I stamped the sentiment with a Nuvo Hybrid Ink pad (Empire Blue).  I decided I wanted the entire die cut to be shiny, so I covered it with VersaMark and heat set Clear Detail embossing powder over it.  This was then given a bit of dimension by adding a pop dot in the center of the die cut and gluing down the two ends.


Tonic Studios Mirror cardstock (Glossy Black) was used for the card base. To complete my birthday card package, Goldenrod glitter was applied to a strip of 1/2" Tear-ific Tape to create my glitter ribbon. 

3 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

So much fun with all those bright packages. Great idea Anne!

Lisa said...

This totally made me smile, Anne!! From those adorable kitties to the festive packages to the sentiment, I love everything!! It's so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

What a fun birthday card! Love that sentiment and the cats are so cute!