Friday, February 23, 2018

Curious Cat



I'm so excited to share with you my first post for Cheapo Dies.  I'm very excited to be a part of this new team and new company.  I'll have something new for you every Friday and hopefully it will inspire you to create something with these fantastic dies as well.  These dies are nice and substantial feeling, not flimsy like some of the name brand dies I have in my stash.  They are very reasonably priced and cut like butter.



For today's card, I chose the Curious Cat die and die cut it out of watercolor paper.  I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers for coloring the die cut.  This was quick and simple to do and I added his whiskers with a Copic marker.


I adhered the Curious Cat to a Simon Says Stamp (Stitched Circle) circle die cut making sure not to add adhesive on the cat itself.  However, any of these circle dies from Cheapo dies would work well too.

After the water dried from the cat, it had some natural dimension and I wanted to keep that look.  You can see the natural shadows it created when the photo was taken.

This was then adhered to a Tonic Studios die (Layered Rivoli layering die set) that I cut in half to make it shorter. This blue mat was dry embossed using a Sizzix embossing folder (Damask).  Nuvo Embellishment Mousse (Cornflower Blue) was applied on the top of the raised areas and really brought them to life.  It reminds me a little bit like rippling water.

This is a great die as you can create something quick and simple, like I have here, or more elaborate.  I can envision lots of glitter on the fish and water and flocking on the kitty.  Maybe a project for another time 😀.

Be sure to visit the Cheapo Dies Blog everyday for some new inspiration from our Designers.


5 comments:

Donna said...

What a darling card and die Anne! I've wondered about this company and you designing for them is all I need to know they are a okay! Have a good weekend!

Lisa said...

Huge congrats on your new DT, Anne!! They are lucky to have you!! Your card is so beautiful!! I love the fishes and the curious cat!! The embossed background with the Nuvo Mousse looks so amazing!! Love this!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lena said...

Congrats on your DT appointment,Anne. They're lucky to have you. Your project is so sweet. Me thinks that little cat is looking at lunch :-) Love the water effect in your fish bowl. Awesome card, my friend.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Lena
xxx

Loose Stitches said...

Congratulations on your new DT Anne! They are lucky to have you! Beautiful card, love the cat with fish and background!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Shona Erlenborn said...

Congrats. on the new DT! This curious cat die is so fun and I love how you have colored it up. Great background too.