Friday, July 20, 2018

For Your Wedding Day



It's my day over on the Cheapo Dies Blog and I created a card celebrating a wedding using the Rose, one of the exclusive dies from Cheapo Dies.



To start off, I ran the card front of my card base through my Xyron machine so that the entire area would be covered with adhesive.  (You could have also used a sheet of double sided adhesive.)

I die cut the Rose multiple times and randomly laid them onto my cardbase.   Once I had a pattern that I was happy with, I made sure to burnish the die cuts onto the adhesive using the piece of release paper created from running this through my Xyron.

Next, I covered the entire front with Waterscape glitter and burnished it into the exposed adhesive with my fingertip. 

The sentiment (from the stamp set Ornate Greetings by Sparkle N Sprinkle) was stamped with Distress Oxide (Peacock Feathers) and heat embossed with Clear embossing powder.  A strip of coordinating ribbon was adhered to the card front and then the sentiment on top of that.  Since the ribbon itself is dimensional, this gave the sentiment an added lift without having to use pop dots.



5 comments:

Annie said...

a fabulous design and that die is sure pretty Anne x I bet the sparkle looks amazing x TFS and best wishes
Annie x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very clever Anne. I like the touch of blue.

Donna said...

How creative and gorgeous!

Lisa said...

So elegant and gorgeous, Anne!! I love the background!! It's stunning!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Rob I said...

Beautiful card, so simple but stunning