Friday, April 9, 2010

I'm not cheap...


I'm trying lots of new mediums out (not just always reaching for my Copics).  This guy was colored using Koh-I-Noor woodless pencils (I purchased mine at Michaels, but I'm sure other craft chains carry them as well.  You can always get them on the internet too).  I must confess that I did use Copics for his skin because there wasn't any skin tones in my set of pencils.  The saying came from River City Rubber Works and the man came from My Heart Stamps For You.

For the base card, I used my Scor-Pal to score a subtle diamond pattern in the cardstock.  I began by lining up opposite corners of the front panel on the 6" mark line and scoring down.  I then scored every 2" across the cardstock.  I then turned it, lining up the other two corners, and scored again.  Finally, I scored around each of the four sides about 1/4" in from the edge.

The banner was made by using Spellbinder's Fancy Tags.  I colored the edges of the tag with the Koh-I -Noor pencils as well and stamped my saying in the center.  I pop dotted the tag to make it stand out more.

1 comment:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Hi Anne! This is such a fun card. The image and sentiment are perfect together!!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. You made my day!