Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Conrad Construction


Home Improvements - nobody really likes them but everybody has to have them done every now and then.  Conrad Construction is up for the job.  He's here to tell you all about the Dude Time Doodles First Wednesday Challenge this month.  You guessed it - it's Home Improvements and the tool men that have to do them.


Conrad is all colored up with Copics and fussy cut out so he could be pop dotted in front of the wall.  For now, he's doing some demolition work - his favorite thing to do.  The background was created with a Sizzix (bricked) embossing folder and Distress Inks (Pumice Stone, Fired Brick).  I inked up the embossing folder with Pumice Stone and ran it through my machine.  This colored the grout portion of the bricks (the debossed areas).  Next, I used my blending tool and added Fired Brick to the bricks (the embossed areas) to make it look like a building wall.  I got the idea for the background from the faux patina technique here, but didn't add embossing powder.

You have one week to upload your home improvement project to the Dude Time Doodles challenge blog.  Don't forget, it must be for a Dude.  Be sure to see what the rest of the Dude/Dudettes have created for you too.

Copics used: Y11, Y13, Y18, Y19, T2, T4    E00, E11, E13    C2, C3, C4, R17    B04, B41, B99    B91, B95, B97    E15, E18    E97, E99, colorless blender    N1, T2, N3    E84, E87

17 comments:

Sharon said...

Absolutely love the embossed wall background - just perfect for "Conrad" - what a hunk LOL!!!

Tammy said...

Love your card Anne, the background is terrific and Conrad is oh so handsome!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Anne, fab colouring I like background and the sentiment lol.
Kevin xx

nwilliams6 said...

That wall looks so real! What a great idea - I am going to have to get that ef just so I can try this! He looks pretty good to with all those muscles and that awesome tan. I am not sure I would let him near my house with that machine though.... Great card Anne!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Awesome background! I have that embossing folder too! Great image for the masculine cards.

rachel said...

fab card Anne - great background and Conrad is looking really cool! Hugs rachel xx

Trailer Hire Melbourne said...

Such a nice card Anne and I like it too. Good job.

jimlynn said...

Fabulous!!! Lovin' that "brick" wall behind Conrad! Fantastic card!
Lynn

Brenda said...

Great coloring job and awesome masculine card!

Linda Simpson said...

Fantastic Anne! I love Conrad and your colouring is fabulous. Loving the background too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

E. Marie said...

Great masculine card!!

Keri Brown said...

Too funny.... Great card girl.... :)

Mary said...

Delightful card! Your creative versatility is amazing, Anne. It's fun to browse back over a number of posts to see the diverse cards you create. And congratulations on having your "NIght Before Christmas" piece chosen for the promotion.

April said...

I love the background! Great card and you did a great job!

Dawn said...

Great card! I too love the wall!
Hugs
Dawn xx

HappyCrafter said...

oh my, talk about creative!! I always enjoy these Dude Time image cards you make :-)

Tip Top said...

The wall looks so real!!