Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Christmas Eve Scene


I was so surprised and excited to see my card as the one used on the newsletter email announcing all the October new release dies from Die-Versions.  If you haven't signed up for the newsletter, you definitely should.  The signup is located on the bottom right of the Die-Versions' home page.  If you are signed up, then you already know the new release is here.

This is the Christmas Eve Scene, one of the new Whispers dies.  It's such a versatile die because you can make something quick and easy, something in between, or something very detailed - it's up to you.  I cut the image out twice, once in dark blue cardstock and once in white so I could use some of the negative pieces.  I also cut a scalloped circle in light blue patterned paper for the background.  The white pieces were given a bit of shine with Smooch pearlized ink (Illuminate) and the moon was painted with Smooch's gold lame.

To see more examples from the new release, head on over to the Die-Versions blog.  The rest of the design team have created some wonderful projects!

I'm also entering this in the following challenge: Oozak (die cuts/punch).

9 comments:

Eret said...

Anne, I absolutely love it. Your color combo is wonderful And I love how you put negative pieces from other color back to the die cut. It looks so effective.
Hugs, Eret

rachel said...

beautiful card Anne - no wonder they used it to advertise the dies - well done you! Hugs rachel xx

Tammy said...

Absolutely fantastic Anne! Love the new dies.

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Stunning! I love the beautiful die cut and the gorgeous card you have used.

Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Sensational card! Love the die and all that blue makes me so happy! I can understand fully why they used it! So pretty.
Lynn

Brenda said...

What a pretty card!!!

nwilliams6 said...

Pretty! Love the die cuts and the great colors! I am going to have to come visit one day so I can just gaze at your die collection - it has got to be massive! Wonderful Christmas card. Hugz!

E. Marie said...

Great Christmas card. Love how you used the dies.

Tinker Planet said...

I love the idea of the weaving around the die cut... very nice! Thanks for joining the Oozak October challenge :D