Friday, November 9, 2012

Mushroom Birdhouse



Welcome to the new term of challenges at Pattie's Creations and be sure to welcome our two new design team members too - Bettina and Jackie.

This week's challenge is all about birthdays - everyone has them and most everyone needs to have a stash of cards ready to send out at the last minute (at least if you're like me).


I chose the Mushroom Birdhouse at Pattie's Etsy store to create a special birthday card for a friend of mine who loves Pattie's images.   The image is colored with Copic markers and the embossed panel is from Cuttlebug.  I created this glittery panel by inking up the embossing folder with VersaMark, running it through my machine, and then covering it with Sparkle N Sprinkle's Sangria Star embossing powder.  This embossing powder has the glitter mixed right in, so no extra steps are needed to create lots of bling.  I also embossed my brads the same way (dip them in VersaMark, then the embossing powder, and heat to set.  Be sure to hold them with a long clip so you don't burn your fingers.)

You have two weeks to upload your birthday creations to Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.  Don't forget to check out the rest of the design team's creations too.


16 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love your sparkly background and brads. Great card!

rachel said...

what a gorgeous birdhouse Anne - love it - and your colours are just fabulous! Hugs rachel xx

Tammy said...

Super cute image and great colors! Love the embossing folder you used! Thanks so much for your wonderful birthday wishes!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Anne, I like the vibrant colours.
Kevin xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Anne, I like the vibrant colours.
Kevin xx

Brenda said...

Fun birdhouse image! Great job.

Pattie G said...

Anne,

I just love how you colored my "Mushroom Birdhouse" image! Your Designer paper is perfect!

Hugs
Pattie

Donna Ellis said...

great design, Anne! The shape of the mushroom birdie house makes a striking contrast with the layers - pretty!

April said...

This is so cute! Your coloring is wonderful! Love it!

Annie said...

Lovely vibrant make Anne. Love tHE Birdhouse x

Sorry you have been having trouble with comments. Have to say I am not very good with word verification but will give it a try.

Crafty Hugs

Annie x

Sandra DeFalco said...

Love your coloring of the birdhouse, at least the birds can see it in the distance, LOL!

Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Kim Dellow said...

Very cute. Kim

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fabulous colors- love the image...and your embossing on the EF and how is peeks out from behind the image- fabulous!

nwilliams6 said...

I feel so honored to have this beauty on my counter! Thanks so much! I love the colors and the layers (the zillions of layers). This card looks good on your picture here, but it is AMAZING IRL! I didn't even know there was ep with glitter - I need to get some. Lovely card my friend!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! What gorgeous coloring, Anne!!!!! Your blending is absolutely perfect!!!!

Unknown said...

Anne, I love how you colored the image and the embossed paper my fav. xoxo