Monday, February 11, 2013

Chocolate Covered Strawberries


This was a fun card to make, using the Debossed embossing technique (also known as Double Embossing) and the new rubber stamp set, Sweet Strawberries designed by Beccy Muir for Sparkle N Sprinkle.  You can read about this technique here, in the SNS Tips and Technique section.  (I just lightly tapped the VersaMark onto the embossing folder instead of using a brayer.)  I first heard about it from a Sizzix video, so I'm sure there are several places you can check out this fun technique.

I used Distress Inks (Shabby Shutter, Forest Moss, and Brushed Corduroy) and the Bubble embossing folder from Sizzix to create the background.  I added the Memory Box border die (Tessatina border) that I heat embossed with Brown Fizz embossing powder.  When you cut this die out, be sure to save some of the negative pieces to add back to the die cut.  The Chocolate Covered Strawberries are colored with Copic markers and fussy cut out.  When adhering to the background, don't glue down the leaves; instead curl them slightly upwards, giving the piece added dimension.   The sentiment is from the Fall Harvest rubber stamp set and I heat embossed it with Brown Fizz as well.  Attaching a couple of the negative pieces of the border to the sentiment adds a nice embellishment to the oval frame.

I'm entering this in the following challenges: Sweet Stamps (embossed embossing); Simon Says (something messy).

17 comments:

rachel said...

these look yummy Anne xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the effect you gained with the background. Those chocolate covered strawberries look scrumptious!

Tammy said...

Yummy! Love the wonderful strawberries! Fabulous background!!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is yummy Anne, look at those chocolate dipped strawberries, I like the sentiment too.
Kevin xx

April said...

I love the background and those strawberries look so yummy!

jimlynn said...

Great technique, Anne, and love the look it gives this card! So pretty and the chocolate dipped strawberries are just yummy looking!
Great card.
Lynn

Brenda said...

It's a fabulous card and even better in person!!! They just look yummy!

Linda Simpson said...

This looks fabulous and the strawberries look so life like too. Gorgeous background too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Ellis said...

Yummy card you made and great layout! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Annie said...

Hi Anne..love the background and texture you have created here with the leaves.

Great make

hugs

Annie x.

Donna Ellis said...

oh yummy, Anne! This is a wonderful card (love the debossed technique you've done -looks great!) The colors are so pretty together.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- LOVE the yummy strawberries- and your background- awesome!!!

Unknown said...

So stinkin' happy that you left a comment on my blog! I didn't know but I can just click on your name and it takes me right to YOUR blog! ohhh, what a cool way to keep in touch with each other! Don't you just love technology? hehehe

Such creativity going on over here! Whew! You're the Copic Queen! Fabulous talent on display! And, I'm loving the brown fuzzy bear! Adorable. Going to spend a little time snooping around to see what you've been up to! Thanks for the hospitality! And just know in advance that I'm sure I'm going to be lifting some ideas!! bbwwahahaha Big squishy hugs! ;)

Patricia St Martin said...

Anne,
Those strawberry's look good enough to eat. Awesome job on the background and love your sentiment.
Hugs

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, those are some mighty yummy looking strawberries, Anne...you have colored them beautifully and I love the background you created!!!!

Anna-Karin said...

Fabulous background, it turned out so cool. Yummy looking strawberries and a wonderful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - those strawberries are soooo aweome. I LOVE this card! This is so inspiring - makes me want to go make one right now. Hugz!