Friday, February 28, 2014

Born to Shop


It's time for the Sparkle N Sprinkle New Reveal.  This month there are 5 new rubber stamp sets that are being debuted: Born to Shop, Iris Frame, Crystal Medallion, A Winter Cardinal, and Spring Time Spunky.  Two of the sets are perfect for Christmas, so you can get an early start on all those Holiday cards (like you always promise yourself you're going to do).  These five sets will also be 20% off through 3/3/14.  If you are a subscriber to the monthly Technique Kit Club, the stamp set featured this month is A Winter Cardinal.  The Cardinal and the Crystal Medallion are also available in digi format (see the SNS Exclusive digis here.)

The first of the month also means it's time for our Designer Mystery Party!  Five Winners (one for each new stamp set) will be selected by Random.org during the Designers Mystery Party.  Winners will also get to choose one Glitter and one Embossing Powder to go with their new stamp set.

How the Mystery Party works:

On Five of the participating blogs below, a Commenter will be selected to receive the prize.   No one knows who the five Mystery Designers are, so you'll want to visit each blog to leave a comment.


For my project reveal, I've chosen the Born to Shop rubber stamp set and think it's very versatile.  You could use the entire stamp (like I did) or even cut up the individual shops to use separately.


I started off by stamping the image twice so I could fussy cut several areas to pop dot onto the main image for added dimension.  It was a lot of fun to color everything with Copic markers.  I also added a little Flower Soft and Cyclamen glitter to the flower boxes on building one.

Diamond Dust glitter was applied to the awning with Dimensional Glue and Spirited Green glitter makes the topiary in front of building four sparkle.









To create the sentiment, I die cut a piece of Super Adhesive Sheet with a Spellbinders die and took an Xacto knife to remove the center portion.  This was then covered with Cloud Nine velvet glitter.  Next I removed the outer portion of the super adhesive sheet and covered it with Daisy velvet glitter.  The sentiment, which is part of the set was stamped with Staz-On.

For more detailed instructions, please visit my SNS Art Gallery page.

Your next stop is Anita and she has a gorgeous project to share with you.  Don't forget to leave each of us a comment to be eligible to win one of these stamps.


38 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Anne! this is a really pretty, colorful card! The shading is even in the tiniest of your details. Great dimension - and wonderful photos showcasing your artwork! Thank you! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love what you've done here Anne! Great details with all the little embellishments of the buildings. So cute!

April said...

How cute and bright! I love all the wonderful details!

Lena said...

Hehehe, I love your form of exercise :-) This is a super fun card.
Lena
xxx
Lena’s Creations

MaryH said...

This is definitely the card for ME! It's such a fun design & I loved the glittering awning & the topiary. That awning really sparkled in the sunshine, and the 2 layer dimension added so much interest. Great card - TFS & Hugs

rachel said...

what a fabulous card Anne - love it to bits - fabulous xx

Annie said...

This is so beautiful Anne x I adore the stamp. The houses look amazing and very Spring like in those stunning colours. You can tell I love it !!!! Take care and thanks for the sweet comment you left.... I certainly am excited!! Have a lovely weekend
Annie xx

Beatrice Lawson said...

So pretty and cheerful and full of joy and sass. Love it!

Shanna Shands said...

This set looks so fun. You did a great job!

nancy carroll said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Love the idea of using individual buildings or whole, Thanks for sharing your wonderful design.

K.E. said...

This is an awesome set and an awesome card! I love the whole "shopping" theme and concept!

jimlynn said...

It looks just like a little village and makes me want to go shopping now!! PRECIOUS!!!
Lynn

barbara macaskill said...

Love the village!! How cute it would be to make a few of them and make a banner! LOVE the bright colors and of course, the sparkle is sparkaliscious!! TFS!

Linsey R said...

What a perfectly charming creation! I love these little village shops and what you've done with each! Way to showcase this new set, it looks fabulous! Hugs!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is fabulous!! I love how you colored the awesome shops!! The dimension you added is amazing!! Love it!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

gobarb26 said...

Great Card. The dimension and occasional sparkle makes this colorful card something special!

Jean Bullock said...

What a delightful card. Beautifully colored. I especially love the flower boxes and the glittered awning. You certainly did this stamp justice!

Unknown said...

I love this card. Great colors and fun use of glitter. I'm ready for some shopping!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a cool card you created. Love all the bright colors on all of those shopping places.

Tammy said...

Amazing card and I love, the stamp! The dimension you added is perfect and the window boxes are just too cute!

Anonymous said...

I have got to have this stamp. You make it look utterly awesome.

Anonymous said...

Great card - love the dimension you created and all the wonderful colors. Thanks for the great inspiration for this new stamp set !!

Anonymous said...

Your irises leave me speechless. the butterflies just add to the tease that spring is coming soon.

Pat said...

Love the colors you used for this design. Looks realistic.

Anonymous said...

I love this card. You did a great job of coloring all of the various buildings. Glad to see a stamp like this become available.

McStamper said...

Love this stamp and your card is great. Your coloring is beautiful.

Carmen said...

Isn't this a fun image and I love your card it just makes me want to say CHARGE IT!....

HelenM said...

I had just seen the stamp set. I love what you did with it! The colors, the flowers in the window boxes and the raising of the windows to give it dimension!! Thanks for the inspiration

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

Anne, such a wonderful job of coloring and making this quaint village so dimensional. Lovely card.

Jackie B said...

What a great idea to cut out individual shops for other cards. I love the layers you achieved using parts of the image. And your coloring is wonderful.

NWFlamingo said...

Lovely coloring. I would not have thought of making a sparkling awning!

Mayras Designs said...

What a beautifully colored card !!!! Love all of the details !!!

Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

SHartl said...

Oh my gosh, I think this is my favorite new release and you did an amazing job with it! Beautiful coloring and card design!

Karenladd said...

Wow, this card is really striking with your coloring technique against the dark card base!! Love the stitching detail too!

Paula said...

Love that stamp! I just bought it yesterday and can't wait to play. Love your card.

Eret said...

Anne, your coloring is striking. Absolutely love it. Next time I ink this stamp up I'll copy your coling :) Your use of the flower soft is fantastic! Stunning card, Anne!
Hugs,
Eret

Unknown said...

A beautiful coloring job. I love the flowersoft and all the attention to detail.

nwilliams6 said...

Anne, this is beautiful. Great sparkle, awesome coloring and I love how the flowers/windows are popped up. Wonderful detail on this lovely card and the sentiment adds fun. Hugz!