Thursday, April 30, 2015

Fill Life with Happiness {SNS May Reveal}



Welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's
 May 1 New Reveal Blog Hop!


This month we are doing something a little different.  Instead of releasing new stamp sets, all the Designers have been creating projects with Dreamweaver stencils, using various techniques and products.

Be sure to visit the SNS Blog all month long, as well as the Designers' blogs (you can click on the Designers' names to go directly to their blogs) to see different techniques used with the stencils.   Each Designer always posts 2 different projects to the SNS Blog and 4 different projects to their personal blogs each month.   
Some of the techniques you see throughout the month is dry embossing with your stencil; double glitter technique; combining embossing pastes with glitter, embossing powders, flock, and/or guilded flakes; using the embossing paste as a resist; double embossing paste technique and lots of other fun ideas.

 All Dreamweaver stencils, soap, and embossing pastes are 20% off until May 3.  So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping.  
Large Feather is the stencil featured with this month's Technique Video Kit.



On May 3, one GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs.  Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.  

The winner will be able to choose $55 worth of any products listed under the Stencils and Templates category, plus mica powders (Pearl Ex) and of course, glittersembossing powdersflock, and sticker paper or adhesive sheets.

The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on June 3 on the SNS Facebook page, the Designer's blogs, and here on the SNS Blog.  

We are pleased to have Diane and Ashley, two of our 2015 Guest Designers, joining us again this month. They will be our Guest Designers for the months of April, May, and June.

The Blog Hop order this month is:

(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)

We love reading your comments and hope that we have inspired you as well.  If you can not leave a comment for some reason, please email icinganne@yahoo.com with your comment and the name of the blog or the Designer you are commenting about.


The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge also begins today.  There are lots of prizes and recognition badges.  Come check out how you can become a SNS Featured Artist as well.  The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flock.



We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we do.  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  Last month Diane was the Mystery Designer with the winning comment.  Wonder who it will be this month??

Now here's a bit about how I created my project.  I'm using what I call the Double Embossing Paste technique.  I started off by laying down the Damask Dreamweaver stencil onto white cardstock and I applied Black Matte embossing paste over it.  (Be sure to clean your stencil and palette knife as soon as you are finished).  Once the black embossing paste was dry, I laid the stencil on top of the dry black embossing paste and then applied Crackle embossing paste over the top.  Let dry throughly.  The black embossing paste undercoat lets the cracks from the Crackle embossing powder be more pronounced.

Did you know that most embossing pastes act as a resist?  Well, they do.  With that in mind, I inked up my card base with Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry and Shabby Shutter).  I wiped off the excess ink from the embossing paste.  Once the color was added, you can see the cracks left from the crackle embossing paste even better.

The sentiment, from the Life Is Beautiful stamp set, was applied to vellum using the Glue-less Glitter technique.  This very easy way to apply glitter was done by stamping the sentiment with Versamark onto the vellum, covering it with Dogwood Rose glitter, and then heat setting it.  Once heat set, the glitter will not rub off.  You can watch the SNS You-Tube video here.  The small dragonfly, from the Buggy die set by Die-Versions, was heat embossed using Pebbled Copper embossing powder.  

The fabric flowers were layered and I added Bubble Gum glitter to one of the layers and Glossy Accents to a few of the petals to replicate dew drops.

To finish the card, I applied strips of 1/4" Tear-ific Tape around the edges of my card base and covered them with more Dogwood Rose glitter.


I hope you enjoyed the techniques I used today and will try them soon.  Now it's time to head on over to Ashley's blog to see what she's created using Dreamweaver stencils.  Don't forget to leave each of us a comment as we never know who the Mystery Designer is that will have the winning comment.


39 comments:

mob said...

Damask is so elegant and classic, but the colors give it a modern twist.

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is terrific Anne. Loving the cool colors and the vellum sentiment with the glitter!

Unknown said...

I love the Pinks in this card. Wonderfully elegant and fresh spring!

Belinda said...

Beautiful card Anne!! The use of black embossing paste and crackle embossing is really pretty.

Roey said...

the glitter with the vellum is terrific, so pretty cool colors!

loulou said...

Anne your card is fabulous. I love the effect with the black behind the crackle - such amazing texture and dimension. Definitely going to go on my list of techniques to use.

TracyM #6773 said...

DELIGHTFUL card Anne!!!
LOVE your sentiment on the vellum panel and ADORE your GORGEOUS background - WOW - it is STUNNING!!! I have to confess that I haven't used stencils much and never used embossing pastes, so I have moved this technique up to the TOP of my techniques-to-try list and added Crackle Embossing Paste to it too :)
THANK YOU for sharing your EXCITING & CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!

Jessica K said...

Beautiful! I just love this Anne and now I NEED some Crackle Embossing Past! :)

Gina H said...

I love the colors that you chose for your card. It is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

The card is is absolutely beautiful and I had no idea it was made using embossing paste! Thank you for showing a technique that I have not seen before, the end result is gorgeous!

AuntDi said...

This card is very elegant. I love the colors and the sentiment is great too. I have not seen this technique and am excited to try it soon.

Colleen said...

So Very Pretty and sure to brighten up anyone's day.

rachel said...

stunning work anne - love the colours and that classic elegant feel to your card - beautiful x

Ashley H said...

Love your background. It's so pretty! I tried to use the resist technique but it didn't resist for me!:(

NanaConnie said...

Anne, This is so beautiful ! Love the sparkle and the embossing is wonderful. Exquisite flower and dragonfly.

annms said...

wow love the use of color

Unknown said...

I love the colors. The vellum with the dragonfly adds a nice touch.

Pat said...

The vellum strip across the middle is a great idea.

Darlene said...

WOW what a cool technique and the colors are gorgeous! I haven't worked much with the paste so now I'm really intrigued!! LOL! Thanks for inspiration and a fun hop!
Darlene
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

April said...

This is so lovely! I love the color combo. Thanks for sharing the technique! Great job!

Linda Simpson said...

This is stunning Anne! Love the colours and way you have used the vellum.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jan said...

What a great way to use black paste and the vellum.... great colorful card

Frann said...

Great idea to use the crackle embossing paste over black embossing paste! It's such a nice look. It makes a pretty card.

Mary Holshouser said...

I love the shading. Have to get my stencils out and give this a dry.
Love the big flower.
thanks for sharing.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love these colours! Thank you for sharing how you made this - what a fun technique! I love your sparkly sentiment and dragonfly too! I have just started using stencils - thank you for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

I had never heard of embossing paste..cool idea...love you image

Donna Ellis said...

WHOA! CRACKLE embossing paste? No, I had not heard of that and I think I need some - hold on while I rush over to the website to get some!......

Whew - ok I'm back! LOL Truly beautiful card, Anne. -

wait! I have to phone you and ask you something!

OK, I'm back LOL Thanks again for the education and for helping me spend some money!
hugs,
de

jimlynn said...

Beautiful stencil and a beautiful, beautiful card Anne! Love the colors on this.
Lynn

McCrafty's Cards said...

A Really beautiful card Anne !!
Kevin xx

Donna said...

This is gorgeous Anne, great colors, technique and embellishing!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Heavens- I love this gorgeous card- the technique and colors are fabulous!!!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Anne, this is so elegant and beautiful!! I love the colors!! The texture is fabulous!! Gorgeous, gorgeous card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jean Bullock said...

The stenciled background is awesome. I didn't realize how beautiful this was until I enlarged the picture. The crackle effect is wonderful. I love how it makes the stenciled Damask look likes it's a tiny mosaic. Very cool ! I love the little dew drops you made on the flower. Very cool.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing that great technique. Love the background coloring.

E. Marie said...

Anne, this is so pretty. I love how you added the crackle look.

Kelli G said...

Love the effect of glitter on vellum...beautiful!

Tammy said...

Fabulous combination of stencil and colors! Gorgeous card Anne!

Lena said...

This is beautiful, Anne. Love the embossed greeting on vellum. Will have to try that. It always looks so elegant.
Have a great day.
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

Anonymous said...

Anne, loved the Crackle Effect! Guess I'm going to have to make a purchase! Looks like lots of fun...

I enjoy seeing what the team creates every month.

Hugs, Jan

Margaret has encouraged me to join in on the blogging. That said- any advice, comments, or help would be greatly appreciated!