Monday, August 21, 2017

Elf Sitter



I have another fun Christmas card to share with you today.  It's an acetate card (which are so hard to photograph, but are so fun to make!).  I used the Elf Sitter stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  After coloring him with Copic markers, I fussy cut him out and added Imagination glitter to his belt, hat, and boots.  Nuvo Crystal Drops (Bright Gold) was added to the bells on his hat and boots.  His eyes were given dimension by applying Gloss White Nuvo Crystal Drops and immediately adding a small drop of Ebony Black to the still wet white drop.

I decided that since elves live in the North Pole, he should be sitting on top of an igloo.  I didn't have an igloo die that would work, so I made my own igloo by using an oval die (from Spellbinders).  My blocks of ice are outlined with Olaf White glitter (part of the Frozen glitter set).  The snow banks, die cut using a Paper Smooches die (Stitches) were also outlined with Olaf White.

The sentiment base was die cut from vellum using a Sue Wilson die (Spanish Collection - Cordoba).  After stamping the sentiment with VersaMark, it was heat set using Red Apple embossing powder.  A couple drops of Bright Gold Nuvo Crystal Drops were added as well.


The focal panel was then adhered to the center of a piece of Embossable Acetate.  I created the frame using two of the Double Pierced Rectangles (Sue Wilson Designs) and used the Glueless Glitter technique to add Sparkling Snow glitter to the edges.

Here is one more photo with a different color background so you can see the acetate better.


4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Awww! So sweet your little Polar Elf! Great idea with the igloo (which I did think was a die cut) and the acetate!

April said...

This is so cute and sparkly! I love the snowflake paper.

Lisa said...

This is so adorable, Anne!! The elf is so cute!! I love the igloo - so creative!! This is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lena said...

Such a fun and sweet card. Love your igloo idea. Acetate cards are always so special and I always forget about them :-)
Hugs,
Lena