Monday, October 9, 2017

Birdhouse Friends


I had a lot of fun creating this double slider card using the newly released Birdhouse Friends stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle.


open
This stamp is not a solid stamp, so when you ink it up, you just get the detailed lines.  I wanted to create a silhouette so that the pop of color came from the background panels.  I have to say, I couldn't have created this technique without using the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform (although you could use any type of stamp positioner).

I began by creating my background panels.  I used several different colors of Distress Oxides and Distress Inks (Abandoned Coral, Fired Brick, Seedless Preserves, Peeled Paint, Black Soot).  Once the colors were the way I liked them, I laid down a Tim Holtz stencil (Dot Fade) and spritzed each of the panels with a homemade sparkly concoction (you could also use Perfect Pearls Mist).  It's very subtle and the shimmer doesn't show up very well in the photo, but it looks great in person.



Next I began with the center (focal) panel.  Using my Stamp Platform, I stamped the Birdhouse Friends image with Memento Ink (Tuxedo Black).  Be sure to leave the stamp in place!  Then I colored the entire image with a dark grey (or a black) Copic marker.

Once it was colored, I placed the cardstock back on the Stamp Platform and stamped the image with VersaFine. Then it was heat set with Clear Detail embossing powder.  This allowed ALL the details of the stamp to still show up on the solid color.

left panel
On both the left and right panels, I stamped one of the sentiments from the set using VersaFine and heat setting with Clear Detail embossing powder.

I also stamped the little butterfly multiple times. Glue (Sakura Glue Pen) was added to the wings of all the butterflies and covered with Bubble Gum glitter for lots of sparkle.

Right panel
The birdhouses on each of the side panels were die cuts from white cardstock using an Impression Obsession (Birdhouse set) die.  They were colored with Copics and adhered with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.

This was such a fun technique to do and I definitely plan on doing it again soon.




9 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is adorable Anne! Love how you made the stamp into a silhouette and then have the little colored one on the slider panels. Very clever!

MiamiKel said...

Wow, this is ever so creative, Anne! The colors are so rich and vivid - this just is outstanding!

Donna Ellis said...

wow! really fabulous! loving your colors, Anne - and the innovative use of the stamp!

Lori Kobular said...

I love your gorgeous card Anne! The details really show up beautifully! Don't you just love playing with the oxide inks?? I sure do, they are just so much fun to work with! I also love the sentiment on your card!!

Lisa said...

This is stunning, Anne!! The colors are amazing!! I love the fun design of the card, too!! So gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jimlynn said...

Double sliders are so much fun and amazing. LOVE IT!
Lynn

Lena said...

What a fun card, Anne. Love the beautiful vibrant and warm colours.
Hugs,
Lena

Diane said...

Wanted to pop on over here and tell you how much I LOVE your card..gorgeous colors and a fabulous design...never made a double slider and am loving this one!

Lena said...

Gorgeous colours for your background. It really makes your beautiful birdhouse pop. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Lena