Monday, December 11, 2017

Special Friend


The following products were used:

Ornate Greetings stamp set - 00-880P5
VersaMark - VM001
Encore metallic ink (Tsukineko) - Gold


Today's post is sharing two of the thirteen new microfine glitters that were just released from Sparkle N Sprinkle and a sneak peek at one of the new stamp sets being released in January.

I started out by die cutting the Tonic Studios die from white cardstock and then using the Glueless Glitter technique to add Caspia Sea microfine glitter to the intricate brambles.  Be sure to save the negative piece that cuts out the center.  I added dimensional tape to all four sides of the die cut as well as various parts toward the center, as I wanted to have the sentiment recessed in the center.

To create the sentiment, I used the negative piece that I saved and covered it with VersaMark and then heat set Velvet Sparkle embossing powder for a subtle shimmery background.  Using the Tim Holtz Stamping Platform and the Stamping On Embossing Powder technique, I added my sentiment.  This is one of four from the upcoming Ornate Greetings stamp set.  In order to stamp on embossing powder (or glitter), it is much easier to use some kind of stamp positioner so that you can apply the ink multiple times.  The Stamping Platform is by far my favorite type of stamp positioner that I've used (and I've tried a bunch!).

Now that all the pieces of my card are ready, I created the card base.  I used the largest outline die from this same set and die cut a piece of Super Adhesive Sheet.  The back side of the super adhesive sheet was adhered to white cardstock. After exposing the adhesive on the top, I added the glittered bramble die cut piece and then gently pushed the sentiment down in the center.  Next I poured Purple Fig microfine glitter over the rest of the card base, covering the rest of the exposed adhesive.

Until next time.... 😀

3 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Anne your card is gorgeous! I love that blue microfine glitter!!

Lisa said...

Wow, Anne, this is stunning!! The frame looks amazing!! I love the microfine glitter!! Gorgeous, gorgeous card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

nwilliams6 said...

Hey friend!!! This is very pretty and very glittery. I miss your creations - so glad I stopped by today. Hugz!!!