Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Hey Y'all {Scrapy Land #79}



It's Wednesday and that means it's time for a new Scrapy Land Challenge.  The theme is always Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.

I felt like making something other than a holiday card today (although I'm still behind on making my Christmas cards 😮).  Today's card is definitely bright in person and it makes me smile every time I look at it.

The following dies were used to create this card:


Cheery Lynn Designs: 3D Rooster
Frantic Stamper: Hey Y'all
Taylored Expressions: Ray of Sunshine cutting plate
Sue Wilson Designs: Noble dies - Ornate Pierced Rectangles

I started off by die cutting the rooster from white cardstock and coloring him with Copic markers.  I die cut him a second time from black cardstock to use as a shadow.  I love how his feathers fluff up for a great 3D look.



Next came the sunny background.  I wanted this to be dimensional as well.  After die cutting from white cardstock, I flipped it over and taped the center and the edges of the rays near the center so that they wouldn't lift out.  Next I applied Distress Inks and Oxides (Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade) to the front until I was happy with the results.  To get the dimension on the individual rays, I added pop dots in various depths to back of each ray.  That way, some of the rays were higher than others.  The card base was die cut using the Sue Wilson die.



This was a pretty quick and easy card to make and I was quite happy with the results.

Now it's your turn to join us.  You have until December 17 to play along in the Scrapy Land Challenge.  There are two winners, a random winner and a winner chosen by the Design Team.  Each winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to go shopping at Scrapy Land.

8 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is fantastic Anne, from your puffed up rooster to the popped up rays - glorious!

Samra said...

This is stunning!!! Love the rooster and the bright sun :)
What a great make Anne!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Sherrie K. said...

GORGEOUS rooster and beautiful design Anne!
Hugs,
Sherrie K

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Anne, this is stunning!! The rooster is gorgeous!! I love the colors!! The way you popped up the rays is so creative and beautiful!! I love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

Anne this is gorgeous! You colored that rooster perfectly! I love the TE die you used, I have that one too! The shape of your card is so different ~ it looks awesome!

Annie said...

Love this Anne !! Just whats needed as its blowing a gale here in Scotland x The sunny yellow and your 3d rooster are wonderful.....fab

Huge hugs Annie xx

nwilliams6 said...

Love the rooster! Fabulous colors and details!!! Hugz

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Stunning card ! Love the rooster and the fabulous colors!
Hugs
Maryvonne