Friday, January 22, 2010

Did you know...


Did you know you could use your embossing powders to change the look of brads and buttons?  I knew you could color them with your Copic markers, but I decided to play around with embossing powders.  I had some pastel colored brads that I didn't like the color of too much, so I applied my VersaMark pad to the brad, dipped it into Stampendous' Pearluster Garnet embossing powder and heated it up with my Heat It gun.  It changed like magic.  Let it cool for a few seconds before you touch it, or you will leave a fingerprint (I'm sure you can guess how I know this).
Here is the before (on the left side) and after (on the right).  I also tried this with glittery and shiny embossing powders.  All worked well.



Next up, experimenting on a plastic button.  This is the plain button before I applied the VersaMark and Stampendous' Red Tinsel (glittery) embossing powder and after.

Now you have more ways to change your embellishments if you don't like the color, or if you want a more glitzy look.

No comments: