Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Paper flower embellishments


I have seen this type of flower on several blog sites in the last couple of weeks and decided to see how easy it really was to make.  The answer: SUPER EASY.  I used really thin patterned paper, but I have also seen these made with pages torn from an old book.  I haven't done it yet, but I think newpaper print would work well too.  (You might want to spray it with an archival spray so it won't yellow....or not).

The first thing to do is to punch out 8 - 10 circles/scallops.  A 1" scallop punch is what I used here; it makes a small flower.  Use different size punches for different size flowers.  Next, stack them up and clip them together.  Use a paper piercing tool and punch a hole in the center.  Add a brad and begin to scrunch up each layer of the flower until you have scrunched up each layer. 
 
Finally, unruffle the layers until you get the look you are going for.  I sprayed mine with Smooth Spritz to completely change the way the paper looks.

No comments: