Monday, April 26, 2010

Out by the water mill

This is one of my few detailed stamp images and it is a cling mount from Impression Obsession.  I used Copic markers on this version to color in everything.  Once you break it down into parts, it's pretty easy to color.  Copics really make the image pop. 

The next photo is the same image using Koh-I-Noor woodless colored pencils, which look like this.  I purchased mine at a local craft store.



This is a much subtler, softer look than the Copics. It just depends on the look you are going for.  You don't have nearly the selection of colors to choose from, but it is a fun medium to try.  Do you have a preference as to which medium you like to use the most?  As you can probably tell, I like Copics the best.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I love your stamp images! I once took a class using the Koh-l-Noor pens and had to colour it in using the coloured pencils. I could not believe how it turned out. I would send you a pic, but I gave it to my mother a couple years ago. You did a beautiful job :)

Anne Temple said...

Thanks! I also took a class to learn more about these pencils. I like them better than Prisma Color pencils. At first, I was intimidated with such a detailed stamp, but the key (at least for me) was to break it down into small sections (thanks again Colleen for that tip!).