Thursday, August 26, 2010

Imagine


Wee Henrietta Bookwork is a digital stamp from Hambo Stamps.  (If you haven't checked out their rubber and digital stamps yet, you should because they have some really fun stuff.)  After printing out Henrietta, I colored her with Copic markers and then cut out the image.  She was then layered on top of my rug and my "patterned" background.

The "rug" is a Labels Ten by Spellbinders and I stamped the word "imagine" (by KI Memories) because you can let your imagination go far and wide when you read a good book.  The background was run through my Big Kick using the Damask embossing folder by Tim Holtz.  The books in the background are actually clip art from my computer that I re-sized to fit my card.  I did use a clear glitter pen on some of the book bindings, but the light didn't reflect that well  in this photo.  The final step was to layer onto black cardstock, which I decided to forgo the usual rectangle shape for this card.

5 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

What a great use the sketch! I love the rows of books with this image, and thought at first that this was a bookmark. Great job, and thanks so much for playing along with us!

HappyCrafter said...

I like this card, it makes me smile :-) I love to read and can get sucked into reading many books non-stop, so this image looks like I do sometimes, and yes, it is nice to let our imagination run away. Have a great weekend.

Becky said...

I totally agree with HappyCrafer...the card makes you smile and our imaginations run away on many journeys made through our books.

MacKenzie said...

Well aren't you creative?! LOVE the book borders! Thanks for playing along this month!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Such a cute card! I really like your coloring of Henrietta.
Thanks for playing along with oOgs and Sketches this month.