Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Mail


This shaped card was created using Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Ovals.  It's pretty easy to do.  Just make sure part of the die is hanging off your pre-scored paper so that it won't cut that part out.  When you open it up, your card is ready to enhanced.

I chose Heartfelt Creations' Cardinal Holiday Mailbox pre cut rubber stamp set for both my image and the sentiment inside.  I stamped my image with Memento ink and colored it in with Copic markers.  I highlighted the berries and the bow on the package with Smooch pearlized inks for added sparkle.  After cutting it out, the mailbox was layered onto a piece of patterned paper that was cut with a smaller Classic Scalloped Oval. 

For the cardinal, I stamped him onto glossy cardstock that I had applied alcohol inks to and embossed him.  Next I cut the cardinal out using the Cardinal Family dies made by Spellbinders for Heartfelt Creations.  Then I layered him on top of the mailbox for added dimension.


Here's a close up so you can see how sparkly the Smooch inks are.


And this is what the inside looks like.  Although the photo doesn't capture it very well, I chose a pine branch stamp from the Holly Berry Filler stamp set and used VersaMark ink to watermark the center and then stamped the sentiment on top of this monochromatic image with Memento inks.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Pretty card, love the inside with the watermark.

Donna said...

I live the cardinal for the holidays.

HappyCrafter said...

Lovely card, and I do like how you did the inside with the watermark, very classy.

Erum Tasneem said...

gorgeous card! you can still do the top ten... it's just 2nd Jan!
ps: not my idea to begin with btw :)