Monday, May 16, 2011

Summer fun - Stamp by Step project


How many of you played with pinwheels when you were a kid?  I know I did and had lots of fun making it go round 'n round.  I wanted to create that same fun feeling for today's project as well as the guest designer at Stamp-by-Step.

I adhered two pieces of patterned paper together to make my own double sided paper for the pinwheel.  There are lots of tutorials out there on how to make one, but it's pretty simple.  Take a square sheet of paper, figure out where the center is and cut a slit from each corner toward the center on a diagonal.  Don't go all the way to the center though, leave a bit of space (maybe 1"-2").  Fold each point up to the center and attach.  I threaded a brad into a button to decorate the center of my pinwheel.

I don't usually decorate the inside of a card, but this time I did.  Here's what the inside looks like:

Hope this fun card brings back fun summer memories for you as well.




2 comments:

Tammy said...

Fabulous Anne! Your choice of dp is excellent, very bright and cheerful and the brad is perfect.

jimlynn said...

So very cute Anne! Love that patterned paper you used - just reminds me of a fun summer day!
Very pretty.
Lynn