Stamping with the Dragon has an extra special challenge this week and it benefits the Send a Smile 4 Kids organization.
In addition, the design team is celebrating Jeanette's birthday today (it's actually on the 30th)! As a result, there will be two prizes and I have two cards to share with you today.
Sponsor: Stamping Dragon Designs/ Card drive for Send a Smile for Kids.
Websites: Stamping Dragon Designs: http://dragonslairdesigns.com/shop/
Send a Smile for Kids: sendasmile4kidschallenge.blogspot.com
Prize: There will be 2: The first one will be for a holiday theme other than birthday. The second prize will be for a birthday card. Each winner will receive 4 images, winners choice.
Theme: Either a holiday card or birthday card.
Here are the rules for cards sent to Send a Smile 4 Kids:
- All cards must be handmade - no computer card-making programs please (such as Hallmark, etc) and no store bought cards.
- All cards should be made specifically for children ages 0 - 19.
- Please use loose glitter sparingly (make sure to shake off the excess). Stickles or Glimmer Mists are great alternatives
- Small embellishments such as brads, buttons, googly eyes should NOT be used on cards intended for very young children (choking hazard).
- Please leave cards completely blank on the inside so the nurses and staff can write messages to the patient and their family. If there is something on the inside of the card, we will cover it with a blank inside piece (or you can).
- Keep the cards upbeat (no "sorry you're sick", "get well soon", etc.). These cards are intended to take the focus off the hospital and just be a cheery holiday, birthday, or any day greeting.
- If you are able to, please include envelopes, especially if you cards are not the standard A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). If you can not provide envelopes, you can still send cards and we will provide envelopes where needed.
- The hospitals ask that we not include religious symbols or themes in the cards. Many families have many different faiths and beliefs and the hospital staff is not always aware of what faith a child is.
- Thank you for your support of SAS4Kids! We do have expenses such as envelopes, shipping and blog costs and if you would consider donating a check to help with those expenses, it would be greatly appreciated. You may send with or without a donation of cards.
- Please send your check and/or donated cards to: SAS4Kids, C/O Karen Hasheck, 5507 Hickory St., Schofield, WI 54476. Please include an email address or snail mail address so we can acknowledge your gift.
- -Please include an email address and your name or a snail mail address so we can acknowledge your gift of cards or monetary donation.
Other than that, let your creativity run wild and put some smiles on those little faces!! You may sign or stamp the back of your cards, if you wish. All cards received will b labeled "Send A Smile 4 Kids" on the back.
Thank you again! We can't wait to see what send us for our kids!
Now, about my card. As you can see, the first one is Holiday card theme other than birthday and I chose Rupert's Christmas Window from Stamping Dragon Designs and colored him with Copic markers. The brown paper is kraft glassine paper from Tim Holtz that I ran through a Sizzix embossing folder (bricked). The sentiment is by Hero Arts and is stamed on a grommet tag cut with Spellbinders.
Copics used: G03, G05, G09, G29 R24, R27, R29, R89 Y04, Y11, Y000, Y18, Y17 BV20, BV23, BV25, BV29 B32, B34, B45, B39, E40 YG21, YG23, YG25, YG17 YG0000, YG00, YG01, W1
My second card is a birthday card for Janette using Family Photo from Stamping Dragon Designs. Again, the image is colored with Copics with touches of Smooch ink (Taffy) and Stickles (Star Dust). The half lace doily is from Cheery Lynn Designs dies, the scalloped oval is Spellbinders and the shaped card was cut using the Sizzix (Card, Scallop) die. (Wow, three different die companies all on one card. Wonder what the record is?) Liquid Pearls around the edges and ribbon round out the card.
Copics used: E40, BV00, BV01, BV02, BV04 BV11, BV13, BV17 YG0000, Y00, YG03, Y05 G05, G09 RV11, RV14, RV17
Rupert, Penny, Jiggy and all the rest of us on the design team wish you a very happy and fun birthday celebration Jeanette!
You have two weeks to upload your creations to Stamping with the Dragon and don't forget to mail them to Send a Smile 4 Kids. Be sure to visit all the other design team members and see what their projects are.