Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dude Time Doodles Oct New Release Blog Hoop


The October New Releases from Bonibleaux Designs and Dude Time Doodles is here and I'm very exited to be able to share two of the new images with you today.  The first one is Fanny Bunny and the second is Heath Hunter.  Both will be available in the store at 10am EST on 9/28.


Fanny Bunny is one of a series of Fanny images from DTD that are so funny.  When I saw her, I immediately began thinking of her as one of Hef's Girls Next Door; his new arm candy.  After fussy cutting her out, I colored her with Copic markers and added Polar White Flower Soft to her bunny ears and cotton tail.  The border is cut from netting with the Little Open Scallop Strip die from MFT and the flower is two parts (netting and paper) cut with the Sizzix Flowers, 3D die.  The background is Core'dinations paper embossed with a Sizzix Texture Fades embossing folder (Rays).  I found the Playboy font image on Google.

Next up is Heath Hunter and he's such a softy.  Why he ever thought he could shoot a deer is beyond belief.  The sentiment is cut with Spellbinders Grommet Tag and the image is adhered to Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Small (#5 - assumes the smallest is #1) die.  I had originally covered the oval in coordinating fabric, but Heath blended with the background a little too much to me, so I flipped it over and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  Heath's coat and hat are fabric, cut out and layered on top of the paper (fabric piecing).  The background is also a piece of coordinating fabric.

As some of you know, there is no starting spot in the blog hop; it's a circle.   You just keep going until you've hit all the wonderful creations the Dudettes have designed for you today.  Be sure to leave some love in the form of comments everywhere you stop, as one of us is the Mystery Hostess.  Once the Mystery Hostess is revealed, one person who commented on her blog will be chosen as the winner.

Now it's time to head on over to see what Cleota has created for you.  Here's the list in case you get lost along the way.



Anne  (me)

Cleota  


Dawn 
Lynn 
Ginny  



Copics used:  Fanny Bunny - RVOO, RV02, RV04, RV10    E00, E01, E11    YR23, N5, N8    B000
Heath Hunter - E00, E01, E11, R20    E99, 37, T0, T2    YG93, YG97, C3    E1, E35, E37    E97, E99    W00,W5    R000, R11, R20
Other ingredients: Smooch pearlized ink (Siren); Rusty Pickle paper; Kraft paper; Distress ink (Vintage Photo)

22 comments:

Carly said...

great images and great colouring.

jimlynn said...

Perfect papers for BOTH of these images! Love them both. I know exactly how Heath Hunter feels about shooting a deer too!
Lynn

Marlene said...

Your cards are always such a hit!! I love your style, lady. Both of these look fabulous!!! Fanny in her playboy costume and the hunter with a conscience! LOL!!! (And thanks so much for showcasing Fanny...I hope you had as much fun coloring her up as I did doodling her for Dude Time Doodles!)

Kristen said...

Really fun great cards! love what you did with the images.

Gale said...

Cards are too cute. Really love fanny. A little disappointed in the hunter. Think it implies that it isn't ok. Not going to go over very well with real hunters.
To each his own........

:) Gale

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Love the playboy image! LOL that is great!
Karen C

Linda Simpson said...

Two simply amazing cards, my fav has to be Fanny just brilliant.
Linda xxx

earthspirit927 said...

WHat great Cards ANNE:) I love Heath My Dh is a Hunter that would be a perfect image for him!! Thanks for the inspiration:)

Melissa

expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

Both cards are absolutely fantastic! Love the fabric piecing and the soft bunny ears! You rock!

Joan said...

Great cards! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. I love your blog too!
Joan

NanaConnie said...

I'm laughing so hard over Fanny Bunny, Anne! Perfect card and I love the pink and black color choices. Fabulous. Great paper piecing on Heath's hunting jacket!

Chrissy D said...

Anne these both bring a smile to my face! Great work!

mamaduck said...

This is the first time I visit the dude time doodles and the Dudettes.
I love what you have done with these 2 images..

MizDenise said...

Love these images and LOVE LOVE LOVE your cards! I was just thinking about using my fabric stash in my cardmaking and your results are inspirational! Thanks for sharing!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Both cards are brilliant Anne, fanny bunny lol
Kevin xx

Cleota said...

Great job on both of these cards, Anne. I love Fanny as a Playboy Bunny! And Heath is just to-die-for in his plaid jacket!

Tip Top said...

She does look the part!

Dawn said...

Love them both & I think they'd make the perfect couple!
WTG you!
Hugz
Dawn xx

sammi said...

Wow! Love these images! Both are fantastic! The bunny girl is hilarious and I love the paper piecing on the hunter. Great cards!

Ginny said...

love love LOVE these cards

Michelle B. said...

What a hoot! Fanny's lookin pretty hot and I love Heath's jacket!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your great cards- I love pink- what a fun way to highlight her tail and ears....and Love your hunter with a conscious..... The image is so cute and I love the babmi reference..!