Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Hero - Fred Eccs



It's the third Wednesday of the month and that means it's time for the Inspiration Challenge at Dude Time Doodles.  The theme this month is: My Hero.  Now, there are lots of wonderful images from Bonibleux Designs that I could have used (like Howie HotHotHot,  Kill It Kevin, Under Carriage Craig, or Pete Plumber just to name a few), but I decided to take a tongue-in-cheek approach and use Fred Eccs because he delivers my stamping and scrapping goodies!  (For some reason, my hubby seems to think Fred visits our house every week.)

Fred is struggling to balance all those yummy packages and  open the Screen Door (Cheery Lynn Designs die and screen) at the same time, but he always manages.  The screen door was embossed with Sizzix's Texture Fades Wood Grain embossing folder and the side of the door was embossed with Bricked embossing folder.  Distress Inks (Brushed Corduroy) and Tim Holtz' Hitch Fastener complete the screen door.  Copic markers were used to color this image and a Beeswax Rubber Stamp created the stone flooring.

Here's the Inspiration Board to get you started.  I tried to use most of the colors in the packaging, since his uniform had to be brown :-).

Now it's your turn to show us who your hero is.  You have until next Tuesday, 9/27 to upload your creations to the Dude Time Doodles Challenge blog.  While you're there, check out the other heros from our design team.  Then come back on the 28th for our New Release Blog Hop - there's lots of great new images coming.

I'm also entering this card into the Cards For Men challenge (anything but a square).

Copics used: E35, E23, E25    R05, R08, R02    E00, E01, E1    YG03, YG25, YG17    B04, B05, B06    B91, B97    R14, R17, R29    YR30, YR31    V12, V15, V17

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Super fantastic card Anne! Love the screen door and flower pot, so very clever and your colors and coloring are just amazing.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Anne, I love his face lol and I love the way you have made the door.
Kevin xx

Chrissy D said...

Ohh the man in brown is the bEST!!!! I love my man in brown! LOL Your card is FABULOUS! He totally is my hero!!!

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic! Love that screen door, the flagstones, and the potted plant. How terrifically clever, Anne!

jimlynn said...

SUPER! Love that screen door too. And the potted plant! So many fantastic details Anne. Love it.
Lynn

Dawn said...

Love it Anne! The door & plant pot are great touches!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Cleota said...

Anne, I am loving the deep colors of Fred Eccs' packages! What a great scene with the door and screen!

HappyCrafter said...

This is fabulous! So imaginative, I love it! That looks just like the UPS guy, hee hee, not that I would know (roll eyes).

Michelle B. said...

Wow, your card is so 3D, I love it! Your colors are brilliant!

earthspirit927 said...

What a great CArd Love the colors so vibrant:) Thank you for joining us at Craft your Passions this week for our "Occupational Hazards"Challenge. Have a great weekend:)

Melissa

Expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

Jen Nelson said...

what a fun card
Thanks for joining us at cards for men
jen xx