Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Apron


This was a fun card to make, although it was hard to photograph well.  I used a Dreamweaver's stencil and ran it through my Big Shot to emboss the cardstock.  I left the stencil taped to the cardstock and used Pan Pastels to color the image - greens fading to blues.  After taking the stencil off, I ran a paper towel through the Pan Pastel and swiped it across the paper to shade the background.

Since the card base is black, I also wanted to do something on the inside so I could write a message.  I used the same papers and cut them out with LifeStyle Crafts dies and added a piece of the same silk ribbon to the inside that is on the front.






5 comments:

Tammy said...

Fabulous Anne! Love the deep shades.

Linda Simpson said...

Love it! I do like Pan Pastel too and plan to make better use of them in the New Year.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

jimlynn said...

This is one very cool card! Really like the blues and greens too. Beautiful.
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- how pretty is this! I love the beautiful Pan Pastels colors- and love the DSP and the cool faux brads!

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful card... Just love what you have done. I wanted to stop by and Wish you a Wonderful New Year with lots of Crafting in 2012.
Hugs, Pat