Friday, December 9, 2011

Sanded Color Block technique



Edited:  My card won the challenge

I had a little time today to play with my rubber stamps, plus I wanted to participate in the Blockheads Paper Arts technique challenge blog hop which ends Saturday.  The technique is the Sanded Color Block with Distress Stains technique and you can find the directions here.

It's a pretty easy technique to do, but my thumbs wouldn't allow me to place as much pressure as I would have liked on the bone folder to burnish the image into the glossy paper.  The embossing was easier to see before I stamped my final image.  Next time I think I'll use a smaller, or partial, image.  Always learning :-) .


You can see the embossing better in the second photo.  Both the image (Just Believe) and the ticket stub (Odds and Ends) are from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous and the embossing folder was Snow Flurries from Sizzix/Tim Holtz.  The Distress Stains used were Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire,  Fired Brick, Wild Honey, Dusty Concord.

I'll have another project coming up Monday where I used the same sanding/embossing technique (but I didn't color block) and the results are a little cleared since the image doesn't cover the entire area.

You still have a little bit of time to participate.  Here's the link for the blog hop:

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful! Love the color combo and the ribbon treatment too.

jimlynn said...

Very cool looking technique! Pretty card with the different colors, embossing, and the way you did the ribbon.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Anne this is stunning! I love the technique and those colours are beautiful. I do love the stamp too!

Hugs
Linda xxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

How cool is this? This technique is new to me- I cannot wait to see it in your next card!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Absolutely wonderful! Thanks for joining in on the Blockheads Sanded Colour Block Challenge!

Karen McAlpine said...

Love the color combo you used for the color blocks. Thanks for taking the challenge and joining us for the Blockheads Technique Challenge.

SAMARA said...

Hi Anne. ty for your comment. This care is fantastic. It is UBER creative and just out of this world artistic! I love the image against such a colorful background. Very unique and popping! Spirited Love to you. Samara