Monday, July 2, 2012

Eyepod



It's Monday again, so that means a new challenge is starting from the Digi Makeover Challenge.  This week's challenge is to make an easel card.



Eyepod, from Paper Makeup Stamps is listening so intensely to his music, that he's oblivious to everything else going on around him. 


He's colored with Copics, fussy cut out and then adhered to a background die cut with Spellbinders Labels Four (#6).  The easel base was cut using the Grand Labels Four (#1) and embossed with the Music M-Bossabilities from Spellbinders.  I added a touch of Distress Inks (Salty Ocean) to highlight the embossing and stamped my sentiment (Unity Stamps) onto twill ribbon.  The sentiment is actually a partial impression of the stamp - the entire thing says "you rocked it!, so I masked the part I didn't want.  The music note is a really old Sizzix Original small die (one of the old green ones).

Be sure to visit the rest of the design team creations to see what they've come up with for your viewing pleasure.  As always, you have one week to upload your digi project to the Digi Makeover Challenge blog.

I'm entering this into the following challenges: Great Impressions (best stay in lines coloring) and Oozak (bright colors).

13 comments:

Eret said...

Anne, your card is so fantastic. Love the shape of it and those bright colors.It's so awesome!
Hugs, Eret

Tammy said...

Awesome card and fun image! Love the stripped paper you used.

rachel said...

this one is so funny - I'm still chuckling as I write this - absolute genious! Hugs rachel xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Great easel card Anne, I like the embossing and the colours.
Kevin xx

Jenny said...

What a quirky little fellow...an and amazing job coloring him up! Great easel card Anne!

Thanks for sharing with us at Great Impressions Stamps!

Linda Simpson said...

Great easel card Anne, loving the "eyepod" he is a cutie. Love the colours too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Now that's MY kind of "eyepod"!!! So cute, Anne. Love the easel card and the "you rock" on the twill! Precious card.
Lynn

Unknown said...

What a funny little character! He's so cute and colored perfectly!! Thanks for playing along with Oozak.com! :)

Michelle VP said...

Love your use of Eyepod and your description of him too! Now I know why I like to use this image for my younger son, haha. Brilliant idea to make a shaped base for your easel card too - and all your elements go perfectly together for this theme! :)

Joan Ervin said...

What a cute image and I love how you added all the texture...this is a wonderful easel card, Anne!!!!

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful fun! I adore easel cards - I use to make them more than others until my DH started complaining about mailing costs (silly boy). Love the papers and the image. Hugz!

JustYolie said...

LOL!!! This is one awesome card!!

Mel said...

Anne, he is such a cutie. Love your shaped card. Thank you for joining us at Oozak challenges :)