Monday, July 9, 2012

Hershey




The theme for today's challenge from Paper Makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge is monochromatic and I thought Hershey would be the perfect choice.  (Although he isn't in the digi section yet, I'm sure he will be soon.)




He's colored with Copic markers and cut out with Spellbinders die.  Hershey is definitely a messy eater.  All the chocolate that's on his face, hands, and what he dropped on the floor is covered with Glossy Accents since melted chocolate has that shiny look to it.  I've added a bit of recycling by using a Hershey candy bar wrapper as part of the design.  The mats are cut with Grand Large Labels from Spellbinders and Lifestyle Crafts' Nesting Scallop Squares.  The papers are from WeR Memory Keepers (Cotton Candy) and Bo Bunny (Coffee Stripe).  On the inside is my computer generated sentiment and it says: "Enjoy Life,  Eat Dessert First" in chocolate, of course.

Now it's your turn to show us your monochromatic project.  Just remember, you have to use a digi and follow this week's theme.  Be sure to see what the rest of the Digi Makeup Artists have created for you and give a warm welcome to our first guest designer of the summer - Sarah L.

Copics used: E74, E77, E79   E13, E15, E17    E11, E97    N1, N2, N5   E70, B000, B01

14 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

I look just like this after that chocolate craving hits me (stress usually brings it on) - LOL! We are laughing but it is sort of true.... this card is the best Anne. I love that image. This card would so cheer up anyone going through a touch time. Hugz!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is brilliant Anne, that chocolate looks real,
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

Terrific card Anne! The dripping chocolate looks like real chocolate! Come visit me and I'll take you to Hershey!

rachel said...

fab card Anne - perfect for chocolae monsters everywhere! Thanks for all your kind words of support! Big hugs rachel xx

jimlynn said...

Anne, this chocolate looks REAL!!! So cute and I look almost like that eating a (melted) Hershey! VERY cute card!
Lynn

Sarah said...

:) Chocolate monster, I love it! Sad to say that I look a bit like this after working with chocolate. No matter what I do it always finds away to get all over me. I also really like how you incorporated the Hershey's wrapper in you card!
~Sarah

Joan Ervin said...

OMG...this is sooo cute, Anne!!!!! Since I am a chocolate lover, I especially love that sweet little guy dripping with chocolate....sooo fun!!!!

Eret said...

He-hee... This little guy looks like me. Although I try not to spill so much chocolate around. It's just too good stuff to waste it :) I really love your card. So fabulous!
Hugs, Eret

Cumbrianlass said...

A great card, but a very scary image.
Janet

Shelly Schmidt said...

So darling! I love the Chocolate theme- love the authentic looking chocolate....and that darling little guy- awesome card. I have to have a bite or two...of chocolate..seems daily....!

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my goodness he sure is cute with all that chocolate around his face. Lovely monochromatic card Anne, lovely colours and papers too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Michelle B. said...

Oh my, this is the BEST ever! Love what you've done with the papers and the image. I keep telling my son this is what will happen to him if he keeps eating so much junk! Love it!

Michelle VP said...

What a fun choice for a monochromatic card, Anne! Love that you put an actual Hershey wrapper on your card with him. What a great coloring job you did too. :)

JustYolie said...

CHOCOLATE!!! Yummy!!!