Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mr. and Mrs.





This was a really fun card to make, but fairly hard to photograph because of all the glitter.   Cut the Cake, a July new release from Die-Versions,  is such a versatile die.  It can be used for most any occasion.  

As I didn't have any glitter paper that I liked, I made my own using a Xyron machine and glitter.  Not only is the die a newly acquired item, I just discovered Sparkle N Sprinkle glitter at the Atlanta Scrapbook Expo that I recently went to.  They have lots of fantastic glitter colors and I used their Evening Glow for the flowers as well as the yellow icing on the cake.  The "Mr and Mrs" is a Die-Versions font called A Little Lime that is also glittered using some black glitter that I already had on hand.  The cake itself is covered with a crystal affect glitter.

The lace background was created using an older Cornish Heritage Farms rubber stamp.  I inked it up with VersaMark and then applied Perfect Pearls (biscotti) over the entire thing.  It gives it a very nice, soft shimmery effect.

8 comments:

rachel said...

pretty card Anne - I'm sure its even more wonderful with the glitter visible too! Hugs Rachel xx

Tammy said...

Absolutely incredible Anne! I love, love the background paper, its gorgeous!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Anne, I like the cake the colours and the flowers.
Kevin xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card- I LOVE the background- so pretty and shimmery! Love the cake die and the gold shimmer too.

jimlynn said...

Love the image of that lacy background and the cake just looks so yummy! Very pretty card and I know it shimmers and shines.
Lynn

Annie said...

Hi Anne .....this is gorgeous. I particularly love the background, it looks like real lace........fab texture. TFS. Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday and leaving kind comments, they are soooooo appreciated. Crafty hugs Annie x

Linda Simpson said...

This is stunning Anne! I love the background and the colours.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! What a beautiful wedding card, Anne...the background is sooo pretty and shimmery and I love the cake!!!!