Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Giving Thanks


Giving Thanks Whisper die from Die-Versions practically makes the card for you.  Can't get much easier than that.

Did you know you can emboss with these dies too?  Well, you can.  I have the Grand Calibur and the sandwich is really simple - the base plate, the die (blade side up), cardstock, the embossing pad, and then the embossing plate.  (You'll have to experiment with your machine to see which sandwich works best.)

I ran my die through and embossed on this shimmery cryogen cardstock then I cut the die out of text weight (thin) white cryogen paper.  I inked it up with Distress Stains (Rusty Hinge) and placed it on top of the embossed piece.  It fits like a glove, giving you a quilted look.  Here's a bit better angle so you can see what I'm talking about.

I also dyed my twill and satin ribbon with the same Rusty Hinge Distress Stain.  I love how it has different tones, depending on the type of material you apply it too.  On the twill ribbon, it's quite a bit darker than the satin ribbon and it's lightest on the paper.

Head on over to the Die-Versions blog to see what the rest of the team has created using this month's new release.

It's always a good time of the year to be thankful for all your blessings.  Don't just wait till Thanksgiving time.

10 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful- love the pretty die- you are having a blast with this fun DT, aren't you! I love the pink : )

Tammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Anne! Beautiful die and colors!

rachel said...

beautiful work too Anne - great when you can make them fast sometimes isn't it! Hugs rachel xx

Donna Ellis said...

ohhh, I bet the paper looks really fantastic with that lovely die, Anne. A very pretty card.

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Anne I love the colours and the effect too.

Hugs
Lindaxxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Anne,I like the colours and the bow.
Kevin xx

jimlynn said...

Smashing looking die! Very elegant and pretty.
Lynn

Brenda said...

Very soft and elegant

nwilliams6 said...

You always have the coolest things! Great card - soft and thoughtful! Hugz!

E. Marie said...

Wonderful card. So creative with your die.