Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Oh Tannenbaum


This is another gorgeous die that's part of the October new release from Die-Versions, called Tannenbaum.  For this card, I cut two die cut shapes so I could cut out the tree separately.  Once the tree itself was cut out, I applied Sparkle N Sprinkle embossing powder (Forest Green) all over it.  I did this twice in order to make it darker and smoother.  Then I adhered it to the second die cut piece.

I used the negative pieces  for all the ornaments and strings of lights.  They are either colored with Copic markers and/or Spica glitter pens.  The strings of lights are only attached at the top so the light bulbs stand out for more dimension.  I also colored the pot with Copics, fussy cut it out and pop dotted it.  The star is covered with gold glitter and pop dotted as well.  The sentiment is an old Creative Memories clear sticker that was in my stash.  The photo on the right shows how shiny the embossing powder makes this card look in person and you can see the lights better.

For this particular card, I focused on the tree itself, but there are so many other ways you can use this die and get a totally different feel.

For more great inspiration using this month's new release, be sure to visit the Die-Versions blog.

16 comments:

Cammy404 said...

I love it!! Very Lovely, Anne.

Eret said...

So beautiful, Anne. Love how your embossed tree looks. It's so pretty. And I love the blue and red light bulbs - perfect touch to finish your card.
Hugs, Eret

Donna Ellis said...

Cute! All that intricate layering! you've done a marvelous job with the EP. The die cut is wonderful, but I especially like what you have done with it on your card.

rachel said...

fantastic tag Anne - love that die - stunning work! Hugs rachel xx

Tammy said...

Wow Anne, what detail! Your card is absolutely fantastic!

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning Anne, I love all the gorgeous detail and those lights look awesome.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Annie said...

Wow Ane :) I love the embossed tree and the way you used the negatives. Overall a brilliant card.

TFS


Annie x

Brenda said...

So pretty! I have had some of those ornaments for a long time - what a clever way to use them!!!

jimlynn said...

WOW! Anne, this is awesome. Love the background paper and little Christmas lights but the way you did the two dies and that tree is just sensational! SO pretty!
Lynn

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a knockout card! Love everything about it, including the sheet music background!

nwilliams6 said...

Anne, what a great Christmas card. Makes me look forward to Christmas even more. Great details! Hugz!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am loving all of the fun die posts- love the Christmas tree and the fun Christmas lights. Wonderful!

April said...

Pretty card! I love the light bulbs on the side!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG!!! What a gorgeous christmas card, Anne...your tree is amazing and I love how you added the light bulbs!!!

E. Marie said...

Fantastic job on the tree. Love all the little lights and ornaments.

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW!!! Anne this is a awesome card. The Christmas light are so pretty and your tree fantastic and love the music paper.
Hugs, Patricia