Friday, March 1, 2013

Birdhouse


Today begins the newest Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge and it's an easy one.  The challenge is Anything Goes, as long as you use glitter (any color).


If you don't have any glitter, I highly recommend you get some from Sparkle N Sprinkle!  You have an entire month to link up your creations, so you have plenty of time to get some.   I really didn't care for glitter too much before I discovered their products and I'm not saying that because I'm on the design team (and yes, I did try the big name stuff).   As a matter of fact, it's the other way around - I applied for the team after trying their glitter (and am SO happy I made it).  Now I use SNS glitter on almost all my projects.

For this month's challenge I chose one of the new stamp sets called Shabby Chic Birdhouse.  I colored the image with Copic markers and then fussy cut it out.  To create the background, I applied a piece of double sided adhesive sheet to a scrap piece of cardstock and adhered the negative portion of the Fleur de Lis die cut from Spellbinders.  I filled in the opening with Flaming Orange glitter.  I turned the square at a diagonal and adhered the birdhouse using pop dots for more dimension.  I also added a bit of Cloud Nine velvet glitter to the roses with a Sakura glue pen.  The corners are from Heartfelt Creations and the flourish is a die from Cheery Lynn Designs.

As I mentioned, you have one month to upload your glittery project to the SNS Creative Challenge.  The winner receives some fabulous product from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  In addition, everyone who enters the challenge and uses a Sparkle N Sprinkle rubber stamp or digital image that they've purchased, will be getting one free digital image drom SNS as well.


16 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Anne, love all the glitter, the sweet birdhouse, and your fun swirls. This is so fun and warm. Hope you stay warm this weekend - I am so not looking forward to the cold front coming in! Hugz!

rachel said...

fabulous card Anne - the glitter looks great and the diecuts are fabulous xx

Karin said...

So beautiful! The red really makes the birdhouse pop :)

Donna Ellis said...

Anne, this is a beautiful card - lovely colors, shading and the sparkle is amazing!

Tammy said...

Just fabulous Anne! Love the brilliant background you created for the cute birdhouse!

jimlynn said...

WOW! So lovely! This just shimmers and shines! Love all the vivid colors too. Fabulous.
Lynn

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Anne, I like the image, the sparkle and those die cut corners.
Kevin xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Super card - love what you did with the image and the added bling!

April said...

Such a pretty and bright card! Love the glittery background!

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Anne, this is stunning! Love all the dies you have used and the fabulous birdhouse.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Brenda said...

Beautiful card - love all the details and the blingy background too :)

E. Marie said...

Your lovely images looks so great with that sparkly background and flourishes. Beautiful!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Anne, WOW!!!! Just love all the sparkle and you did a beautiful job coloring the bird house. Your paper choice is so pretty and I love the dies your used. I love Sparkle and Sprinkle glitter they have so many colors.
Hugs

Jacqueline Smith said...

Really beautiful card, love all the details on your card! Great Job!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful! I love the glitter background die to your image- what a stunning effect!

Joan Ervin said...

The birdhouse is beautiful, Anne, and what a gorgeous background you created with the glitter...WOW!!!!