Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Quilted Berries


I wanted to try something a little different with the Sweet Berries rubber stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  Since I had just come back from a quilt show with my mom, I decided I wanted a quilted look, but wasn't sure how I wanted to achieve it.  Enter my postman and the goodies he delivered.  Sitting out on my desk was a new M-Bossabilities folder (Garden Lattice) that will emboss a 8.5" x 11" sheet of cardstock.

I started out by heat embossing my image with Moss Star embossing powder and then colored it with Copic markers.  You can see a little of the sparkle from this embossing powder in the photo on the right - but it has more sparkle in person. Then I ran it through the embossing folder.  I happened to set it on top of a "test run" piece of embossed cardstock and knew that was exactly what I was looking for.

I layered the colored image onto dark blue cardstock and then lined it up the embossed area of the larger piece and adhered it.   Dylusions Ink Sprays were used to give color to the circle with my stamped sentiment.  (These stamps are part of the set.)  The final step was to adhere this to another piece of white cardstock and add some faux stitching to the two inner white panels and the circle.

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

Bright and beautiful!!! Love the embossing and the gorgeous colors in the image. So very pretty.
Lynn

Tammy said...

Lovely card and great image, clever use of a sentiment and coloring! Wondering how you emboss paper that large?

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so cool. Love the quilted effect Anne.

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Anne this is stunning! The embossing really makes the berries 'POP'.

Hugs
Linda xxx

rachel said...

very clever anne - what a great technique - thanks for sharing - those berries look delicious xx

Brenda said...

Such a fun, bright card. Love how you "popped" the circle out in the corner.

April said...

So pretty and great coloring! I love the texture too.

nwilliams6 said...

Anne, this is fabulous! Great coloring and embossing! What a sweet card and very creative layout. Now I want a strawberry! Hugz! BTW - I will be in town tomorrow - at PF Changs at 12:30 if you are anywhere around there at that time. Hugz!

Donna Ellis said...

WOW! Beautiful beautiful beautiful, Anne! Love the texture, but even more, those colors are gorgeous and vibrant! hugs, de

Joan Ervin said...

your coloring is beautiful, Anne, and I love how you added the texture...sooo bright and pretty!!!