Monday, August 26, 2013

Did you see a Mouse??



One of the new Halloween dies recently released by Die-Versions is the Mouse Sweet Petite.  As soon as I saw him, I imagined him in some sort of graveyard scene.

I started creating the background for the tag using the Tim Holtz technique he showed for his August Tag of the Month.  In addition to using Frayed Burlap and Pumice Stone, I added a bit of Peeled Paint Distress Stain to the mix.  Then I stamped a couple tombstones and the bat sentiment with Frayed Burlap so that it would blend in with the background, rather than upstage my mice.

The mouse was die cut twice and covered with Swanky Grey Sparkle N Soft flock from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  Doesn't it give it the look of fur?  I can tell you it definitely feels soft and furry to the touch.

Now, to complete the graveyard scene, you have to have something spooky flying about.  The Die-Versions Wicked Witch Sweet Petite was the perfect compliment to my mice.  She's cut out of fun foam and is flying in front of a cloud streaked full moon (thanks to Picket Fence Distress Stains).

Be sure to visit the DV Blog and DV Facebook page often for more great projects.

13 comments:

rachel said...

Love the background Anne. Much inky fun anf the witch and mice are fab too x

McCrafty's Cards said...

this is fantastic Anne, I love the witch the background and the mice.
Kevin xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a a fun and spooky Halloween tag! The mice are so cute!

Lisa Minckler said...

The texture really does look realistic. Terrific design on your tag and love how you've used the mice!

Tammy said...

Exceptionally fabulous tag! Love the look on the flocked mice!

jimlynn said...

It really does look like fur - and yet so shiny too! PRECIOUS!!! Love the witch on the broom too. Fantastic for Halloween!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Brilliant and those mice look so furry! Particularly loving the witch on her broomstick.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Annie said...

Wonderful Anne. Love the background and how clever to have the fab witch looking for the mice....love it

Crafty hugs Annie x

Eret said...

Anne, your tag is awesome. The background looks fantastic and your sweet mice... Love them. I thought you cut them from felt.
Hugs,
Eret

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous tag and just wonderful colors and textures, Anne! (I love everything about this tag!) hugs, de

Ellen Taylor said...

Cool tag! Fabulous job on the TH technique and the ribbon grounding for those wonderfully textured mice!

nwilliams6 said...

Great witch and the mice are very cool! I am ready for some fun Fall and Halloween cards like this! Fun stuff. Hugz!

Tammy Scott said...

very cute card my grandson would love it I'm going to try to do something like that myself not exact but it gives me a cute idea thank you