Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Cute Valentine Box


Today I'm using the Cute Sweet Hearts die from Die-Versions to create my own little Valentine's box.

I started out by die cutting the image from a scrap of white cardstock to use as my template.  Again, utilizing some red scraps, I outlined the heart twice and fussy cut each one out.  These will be the top and bottom of the box.  You'll also need a strip of paper for the side.  The width depends on how tall you want your box to be.  What's not shown is another thinner strip that will be adhered to one of the hearts.


I adhered red glitter to all the surfaces and then glued a strip of cardstock to the top heart and one to the bottom heart.  Just make sure the circumference of one is slightly smaller than the other, so it will fit inside it.  I added the die cut image to the top of my heart box.  Now, all you have to do is fill the little heart with some goodies and you're all set.



12 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Anne, such an adorable candy box, great gift!

jimlynn said...

Gosh Anne....I thought this was something you'd bought! It's adorable!!! So shiny and just wonderful. VERY cute Valentine box.
Lynn

April said...

So cute ans sparkly! Love it!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous box and love the sparkle.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Mayras Designs said...

This is such a lovely box !!! The red sparkle is beautiful !!

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Donna Ellis said...

Cute is RIGHT - great idea, Anne, and so wonderfully glittery with the pretty heart die shape and die cut on top! hugs, de

Ellen Taylor said...

Super cute Anne! Love the sparkle!!Have a most wonderful Christmas and a very happy 2014!

Patricia St Martin said...

Anne, Awesome heart box and so sparkly beautiful, the die cut is amazing.
Hugs, Pat

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a sparkly fun project Anne. I can't believe that Valentine's day is now around the corner! Merry Christmas first!

Eret said...

It's a sweetest Valentin's box ever. Love the cute die and all the sparkle on your box.
Hugs,
Eret

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - this is amazing! I can't believe you made the box. I looks like some of that sugar coated candy. Impressive stuff my friend. Hugz and Merry Christmas!!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my...this is such a beautiful Valentine box, Anne....I sooo love all the sparkle and the diecut sentiment is absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!