Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Just A Note {Scrapy Land Challenge #23}


Today is the start of the newest Scrapy Land Challenge #23.  The theme for this challenge is Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.  You have until Aug 16th to upload your project and the winner will get to go shopping at Scrapy Land with a $15 gift certificate.

Although this is a pretty simple card, I used a lot of different products on it.  To start off, the dies used were

Sue Wilson Designs: Expressions - Just A Note
Sue Wilson Designs: Finishing Touches - Delicate Fronds
Heartfelt Creations: Blazing Poppy

(If the items aren't showing up at the moment, they may be out of stock.  So check back often.)

I started off by stamping the Heartfelt Creations Blazing Poppy Petals rubber stamp onto white cardstock and coloring with my Copic markers.  Then I die cut them using the coordinating Heartfelt Creations die.  Once everything was die cut (you'll need to die cut two sets to create layered petals), the petals were formed and glued into shape.  As you can see in the photos below, this flower definitely has some height to it.  I also added a few drops of Glossy Accents here and there on the petals to create dew drops.


I used the Sue Wilson Delicate Fronds for my foliage behind the flower blossom.  The sentiment, which was die cut from Sticker Paper, was covered with Black Ice glitter from Sparkle N Sprinkle.

The background mat was created by using Ken Oliver's Color Bursts on watercolor paper and letting it do whatever it wants :-).  This is such a fun product to use and I know you'll be seeing more of it here (and probably everywhere else too :-).)


To finish off this 6" x 6" card, I used Heartfelt Creations Blazing Poppy Paper Collections papers and a strip of lace.

The Scrapy Land Challenge is having a new Guest Designer call, so head on over to the blog to find out how you can be a Guest Designer!

12 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Oh my...this is beautiful, Anne. Your flower is beyond words. The droplets look fantastic and the colors are stunning!

rachel said...

this is soooi pretty anne. loving that flower and the background is lush xx

Lori Kobular said...

Anne this is so gorgeous! I love the poppy, it is just amazing! Those fronds are perfect with the poppy. I think I am going to have to get that Sue Wilson Just a Note die, it's perfect! The background on your card is absolutely beautiful too!

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Anne that flower is amazing. Love the background you have created too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jacee said...

So gorgeous Anne, love the flower
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Donna Ellis said...

Sigh, this is lustrously beautiful, and so vibrant! It reminds me of you for sure! Anne, you are in my special thoughts today! hugs de

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning, Anne!! The flower is amazing!! What a gorgeous background!! The colors are fabulous!! I just love everything about this!! It looks so beautiful!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Patricia St Martin said...

Anne, Gorgeous background!!! Gorgeous flower!!! Love the sentiment scrip goes really nice.
Hugs, Pat♥

McCrafty's Cards said...

beautiful card Anne, I like the stunning flower and the design
Kevin xx

Lena said...

Beautiful card, Anne. That poppy is amazing! I keep going back to take one more look! Gorgeous!
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

nwilliams6 said...

I love that flower!! Wow - so pretty and the dew drops are perfect. Super bg too. Love this card! Hugz

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is gorgeous. The poppy stamps and dies are on my list.