Monday, August 17, 2015

Race For A Cure - Lymphoma


During the month of August, Sparkle N Sprinkle and Die-Versions have partnered together to bring you the Cancer Awareness Campaign.  Today's project features the SNS Pink Ribbon Background stamp and the DV Awareness Butterfly die.  I chose Lime Green as it symbolizes the fight for Lymphoma, a cancer an immediate family is fighting.

To start off, I used the resist emboss technique with White embossing powder on watercolor paper.  After heat setting the embossing powder, I then added some Zig Clean Color Real Brush (Pale Green) to the watercolor paper and blended it with a water brush.

The Awareness Butterfly die ribbon center was colored with a Copic marker and then I heat embossed the entire die cut with Sparkle embossing powder.

As a finishing touch I stamped the sentiment, from the SNS Survivor stamp set, onto a strip of ribbon with Staz On ink (Jet Black).

As a reminder,  a portion of the proceeds from sale of the Awareness dies and the Awareness stamp sets revealed this month will go toward cancer research.  Let's all do our part to end all cancers once and for all.



On a different note, I have updated my Pinterest account and somehow in the process, deleted some of my Followers.  I would love it if you would check out my Pinterest boards and hopefully become a Follower there as well.  Thanks so much! I really do appreciate each and every one of my Followers, both here and on my Pinterest account!

15 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Anne, I love your design with the butterfly
Kevin xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so pretty Anne. The butterfly is gorgeously sparkly. Love the ribbon sentiment too.

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the Awareness Butterfly die and the embossed background! Hoping they find a cure soon!

rachel said...

a wonderful make anne. afriend of my mums is fighting this one too. hugs xx

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Anne!! The background looks amazing!! I love the technique you used!! The butterfly is so beautiful!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jacee said...

So lovely Anne
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Donna Ellis said...

The wings with the ribbon portray such Hopefulness, Anne. Great design idea. I know this cancer is very important to you and pray that there soon is a cure.

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful I love your embossed background and your color and design. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous! Love the Awareness Butterfly. What a wonderful card.
I'll check out your Pinterest board too.

Lynn

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card! The background is gorgeous~great design!
Sherrie k

Lena said...

Stunning card, Anne. Love the background, the gorgeous Awareness Butterfly, and the beautiful lime green colour!
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning Anne, love the idea of the ribbon and the butterfly.
Hugs
Linda xxx

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful card, Anne! Gorgeous butterfly!

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful butterfly. Great cause and colors. Prayers for your family member Anne and hugz to you!

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card and so creative, Anne.