Monday, August 10, 2015

What!?!!


front

open

My flip/swing card uses the new mid-month release of the Cool Chicks stamp sets from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  I used digi versions of all the images and sentiments.

The flip card was die cut using a Sizzix steel rule die (Cards, Square Flip It) and was cut out of watercolor paper.  Ken Oliver's Color Bursts were used to give color to the watercolor paper.  I started out by placing a Dreamweaver stencil (Feathers- Large) onto the right hand side of the card and sprinkling a little blue and violet Color Bursts into the openings of the stencil.  Then I spritzed the entire area with water.  The metallic parts in the feather are just concentrated areas of the Color Burst.

Once the feather was dry,  I wadded up a small piece of paper towel and dabbed it into the extra Color Burst that was on my craft sheet.  I then dabbed the paper towel onto the rest of the card (front and back).  I also randomly added little dots of Dimensional Glue to the entire card front and covered them with Orchid glitter.

Both images were colored with Copic markers and placed on the swing panel.  Orchid glitter was also added to the flower and the shoes of the bird on the front panel.  Glossy Accents was added to her beak.

When you flip the panel to the interior image, you can see the surprise reaction.  Her beak was printed twice so I could add a little extra dimension and it was also covered with Glossy Accents.

13 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Oh! Thank you for the stencil and Color Burst info, Anne, and for sharing how you accomplished it on the same card backing as the main card! It's a darling card, and I especially like how you have featured both images so successfully (and sweetly!) Hope this finds today better! xo

Lisa said...

This is both gorgeous and fun!! I love the background!! It looks amazing!! And those birdies are too darn cute!! Love it, Anne!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Linda Simpson said...

I love this card and the background is wonderful. The feather looks fabulous too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this cute card, the chick is just adorable. Fabulous background and feather. I have color bursts on the way. I can't wait to use them.
Have a wonderful day.

Lori Kobular said...

Oh Anne, this card is so sweet and fun! I love the image of the birdie, and the background is gorgeous! I am sure whoever gets this birthday card will love it! Love that feather too!

Jacee said...

So cute Anne!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

rachel said...

oh my - this is fabulous!!! Hugs Rachel x

Dawn said...

Brilliant card Anne, that little bird is just too cute!
HUgs
Dawn xx

April said...

So cute! Love the Color Bursts and the feather stencil! Great job!

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna said...

Adorable fun card, this will brighten the recipients day every time they look at it!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the birds- the card is so fun- I had to run over and buy this set when I saw it on the hop : )

chanya13 said...

So cute card - love colours :)