Monday, December 28, 2015

Southwestern Bear



Southwestern Bear is one of the new southwestern themed dies from Die-Versions.  I used traditional colors and design.  Luckily I had an old (and I mean at least 15 years old) stencil that had southwestern designs on it.  I gave one of the patterns a more modern twist by using embossing paste in the design.  While the embossing paste was still wet, I sprinkled Nuance dye based powders all over and then let it air dry.  Once it was dry, I spritzed the entire are with Dylusions Ink Spray (Pure Sunshine).  The great thing about embossing paste is that it acts as a resist, so the ink wiped off with no problem at all.

For the Bear, I also used Nuance powders, but on glossy paper.  I also added back in the negative pieces to the main die cut.  I used that same stencil to cut out patterns for the various layers.

Even though I created a card, I could see this as a wall hanging or create a series of these in various colors and framed individually and placed in a grouping.



4 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful cheerful card and love the background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

This looks amazing! I love the colors on the bear!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a fun project Anne. Totally Southwestern!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning, Anne!! The colors are phenomenal!! I love, love this!! It looks like a decorative tile!! Beautiful my friend!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!! Happy New Year!! I hope 2016 is filled with much love and happiness!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts