Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Reindeer in the Woods



Christmas is almost here, so I'm creating lots of Christmas cards at the moment.  The one I have to share with you today features the Reindeer die from Die-Versions and a layering stamp set by Hero Arts.

I started out by stamping the trees in different colors of green to see which combination I liked the best.  I ended up using Memento Ink (Cottage Ivy, Bamboo Leaves) and Brilliance (Pearlescent Ivy).  The top layer for the trees was stamped with VersaMark and heat set with White Spark embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  The background of falling snow was also stamped using one of the stamps from the Hero Arts set.

The snowy banks were hand cut (although the trees ended up covering up most of the banks) and then heat embossed with Sparkle embossing powder.  I added Nuvo Glitter Drops (White Blizzard) for more definition of the banks.




The reindeer was die cut from white cardstock.  I colored his hoofs with a Copic marker and then began adding flock to various the rest of the die cut.  His antlers are covered with Buff flock, his tail with Snow White flock, and his body with Amber Wheat flock.  He is so soft to touch.  Unfortunately the reindeer is temporarily out of stock.

Hope this gives you some more Christmas card ideas. :-)

7 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Great winter scene and I love that fuzzy deer!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fabulous! What a great little scene you have created and I love how the deer looks.

Sherrie K. said...

WOW, so beautiful! I just love the wintery scene! The tree's look amazing and love the deer!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Sherrie K

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Anne, this is stunning!! The deer looks amazing!! I love the flocking!! I'm bummed I don't have that die and it's out of stock :( The trees look so gorgeous!! Love, love this!! What a beautiful card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

This is really pretty. Everything looks soft and serene ... beautiful card for the holiday season !!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your trees are just fab, and I love the deer! Beautiful Christmas card : ) The sky looks really cool too. Hope you had a fab Thanksgiving

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful scene and awesome deer!!! Hugz