Wow, it's already November and that means Thanksgiving (in the US) and Christmas are just around the corner! It also the first Wednesday of the month and time for a new Scrapy Land Challenge. The theme is always Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.
The following dies were used to create this card.
Die-Versions: Nativity Ornament
Die-Versions: Noel Sweet Wordlet
Tonic Studios: Ribbon and Bows layering set
Impression Obsession: Snow Globe
These are the steps I used to create this card:
1. Die cut the Nativity Ornament from white cardstock. Cut off the ornament topper and bow to make it a circle.
3. Die cut the base portion of the Snow globe die set twice from white cardstock.
4. Spritz both of the bases with a combination of Walnut Ink and Terra Cotta Walnut Ink. Continue lightly spritzing each color until you are happy with the results. Once the paper is dry, you can highlight the lines on the base with a Copic marker (or your favorite marker).
5. Die cut the globe portion of the Snow Globe set twice, one from white cardstock and one from black cardstock.
6. Using the Direct to Paper method, cover the black globe circle with Opalite (Glacier Blue). Make sure to get good coverage.
7. Adhere the embossed Nativity scene to the Opalite enhanced globe. Insert the globe into the stand and add a piece of tape to the back to hold the two pieces together.
8. Die cut the plate label from the Snow Globe set twice from white cardstock.
9. Apply VersaMark to each of these plate labels, cover with Sparkle embossing powder, and heat set. Add two “nails” to the plate label with a marker.
10. Die cut the Noel Sweet Wordlet from white cardstock.
11. Using the Direct to Paper method, apply Encore! gold metallic ink to the die cut.
12. Adhere to one of the plate labels created above.
13. Adhere the completed plate label to the snow globe base.
14. Die cut the patterned paper using the Tonic Studios layering die set.
15. Cut a piece of black cardstock 4 ½” x 12” and score at the 6” mark for a top folding card base.
16. Temporarily adhere the larger layering die on top of the folded card base. The top of the die should be slightly above the card fold. Once you have the die positioned correctly, die cut to create a shaped card.
17. Apply Opalite ink around the edges of the cardstock. Make sure your strip is wider than the openings in the patterned paper previously die cut.
18. Place the patterned paper die cut over the front of the card base and make sure all the peek-a-boo openings are covered with Opalite ink. Then adhere to the card front.
19. Adhere the finished globe on top of the patterned paper.
20. Take a small strip of ribbon, tie into a knot and adhere to the top of the card with a small glue dot.
Now it's your turn. You have until November 12 to join us for the Scrapy Land Challenge. Be sure to check out what the rest of the team has done to inspire you too.