Friday, July 13, 2018

Incredible!



Hey everyone, wouldn't you like to go on vacation to some tropical island? Today I've created card depicting this vacation getaway.  It  uses the Palm Trees exclusive dies from Cheapo Dies.



I started out by creating the background using Yupo paper and Nuvo Shimmer Powders (Blue Blitz, Violet Brocade, Catherine Wheel).  The photos don't do justice to these powders - they are SO shimmery in person!  I set that aside to dry and began working on the focal point.



I die cut the Palm Trees three times (in black, dark green, and orange cardstocks) and then paper pieced the colored cardstock back into the silhouette.

The sentiment is from the Sparkle N Sprinkle stamp set called Leafy Flourish and  was stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with White Detail embossing powder.

The final touch was to add a few Nuvo Jewel Drops (Sea Breeze) to the card base.

This was a quick card to put together but I think it gives quite a punch of color and definitely makes me wish I could take a vacation in the tropics.

Be sure to visit the Cheapo Dies blog daily for more inspiration from the Design Team.


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, Anne, this is so gorgeous!! The colors are amazing!! I love the die!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna said...

Your card is incredible Anne, stunning background, and great use of the die!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- would love to go to a tropical island : ) LOL Love your beautiful colors!