Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Gumball Shaker card {Scrapy Land #95}


Hey everyone!  Happy August!  It's Wednesday and that means it's time for Scrapy Land Challenge #95.  The theme is always Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.

That means there are only FIVE more to go before we hit the Big 100th Challenge on Oct 17!  


(We've got lots of great surprises to help celebrate our 100th!! Mark your calendars now!) 

For today's challenge, I created an interactive shaker card featuring the following dies:


Queen & Co. - Bubblegum Shaker kit
Taylored Expressions - Banner Stacklets 2 (here are some other options)
Sizzix - Banners 3 (here are other options)
Tutti Designs  - Scalloped Stitched Nesting Circles




To start out, I die cut the gum ball machine from white cardstock and then added a couple layers of glittered embossing powder.  I wanted it extra thick for more dimension.

The pink banner was die cut using the Sizzix banners.  The sentiment banner uses the Taylored Expressions dies and the circle was die cut using the Tutti Dies.  Spectrum Noir Sparkle markers gives the edges of both banners a little extra bling.

Included in the kit are tons of little gum balls.  So you can make lots of projects with this kit.


The sentiment, which is part of the shaker kit, was stamped onto a piece of pink patterned paper using Versafine Claire ink (Twilight) and was heat embossed with Clear embossing powder.  (If you haven't tried this new ink from Tsukineko, you really should.  It's a pigment ink that dries quickly to the touch, but can still be embossed with your favorite embossing powder.  More colors are now on my wish list!)


I had so much fun putting this card together that I created another one.  I used all the same elements except I decided not to do a shaker card.  Instead, I glued the gum balls down in place. I stamped my sentiment with Memento Ink (Cantaloupe) onto the negative portion when you die cut the globe.  Then I added Versamark over the entire piece, sprinkled a little iridescent glitter on top, and heat set it.  I adhered everything together and then added the gum drops.

Now it's your turn to join in on the fun.  You have until August 12 to upload your project to the Scrapy Land Challenge.  We can't wait to see what you create!


11 comments:

Samra said...

What a fun make!!!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

DIANA L. said...

Super cute card and a fun sentiment. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, these are both so fun, Anne!! I love the gumball machine shakers!! How creative!! The sparkle is fabulous!! Absolutely beautiful cards!! I love them!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

Anne I love this sweet and adorable shaker card! That gumball machine is so sweet and I love how you have the pull out tag behind it!

Sherrie K. said...

Such a FUN card Anne! I love the sparkly gumball machine and the pull out tag is such a great idea for a sentiment or even to put a gift card on. Love this!
Have a great day!
Sherrie K

Donna said...

How adorable, a shaker and a pullout together with such a sweet image!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

What a fabulous creative shaker with pull out tag. Of course, you have my fave colors to boot. Sweet composition and so much fun to make and give to someone special. Have a fabulous weekend.
Hugs
Berni
chasingthedream.

Lena said...

What a super cute card. Love the little gum balls. Great idea to emboss multiple times to get extra dimension.
Love it Anne.
Hugs,
Lena

Jessica K said...

This is just adorable! I love the shaker aspect - you are truly talented my friend!!

Belinda said...

Love your adorable shaker card. The pull out sentiment is such a great idea!

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Such a FUN card !Awesome! Love the sparkly gumball machine !
Hugs
Maryvonne