Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Easter Card in a Box



I have a fun Easter project to share with you today.  All the dies are from The Stamp Doctor and this was so fun to create.

I used the following dies for this project:



~ Card In A Box #2 die set (follow the assembly directions that are included in the dies)
Egg Carton CIB (card in a box) Add-On
~ Large Chocolate Bunny dies

After putting together the Card In A Box #2 using Tonic Studios Craft Perfect Patterned papers, I set about getting all my Easter eggs ready.


Sometime back, I published a post outlining where I experimented with photo paper and Nuvo Shimmer Powders and I made a bunch of samples.  I wanted the Easter eggs to be on the glossy side, but not too glossy. I had several pieces from my experiment that would be perfect for colored Easter eggs. 

I die cut quite a few eggs, grass edges, and flowers, all from Egg Carton CIB Add-On set.  The grass was die cut from white scraps of cardstock and colored with Copic markers. The flowers were die cut from patterned scraps. (Love being able to use smaller scraps up.)

The Large Chocolate Bunny was die cut from a piece of double sided adhesive adhered to a scrap of white cardstock.  After exposing the adhesive on the front of the bunny, I covered him with Dark Chocolate Flock.  Then I added Nuvo Crystal Drops (Buttermilk, Sweet Lilac) for his eye. A few Nuvo sequins and glitter around the front panel (Tonic Studios Pure Sheen Glitter - Turquoise) add the finishing touches.

Here are what the side panels look like:



I love using the Card In A Box #2 die set because it's so versatile and can be used for any theme.  I envision using it for lots more projects in the future 😀.




2 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wow...so unique and so creative and so much fun....love it x.

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is brilliant Anne! Eggspecially love your eggs!! Fun project for sure!