Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Feel Better Soon {Scrapy Land #113}

It's the third Wednesday of April and time for a brand new Scrapy Land Challenge #113!  There are two winners chosen to receive gift certificates to Scrapy Land and the theme is always Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.


The following products were used to create this card:
Elizabeth Craft Designs: Dancing Butterflies (any of these would work as well)
Elizabeth Craft Designs: Lacy Poppies (most of these would work)
Paper Rose: Stitched Square Frame (most of these would also work)
Reverse Confetti: Word Up stamp set
Hero Arts: White embossing powder
Nuvo glitter: Chestnut Brown
Stampendous glass glitter: Champagne
Distress Oxides: Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Blueprint Sketch
Copic markers

I have to say, I really like the bright colors of this card.  It was also one of my most difficult cards because this card had three different iterations.  At first, it had a clear acetate cover with this image being placed on the inside of the card.  I was touching up a small spot on the front of the card with a Copic and my hand slipped.  No way to repair that.  So.... I cut off the front of the card to salvage the inside.  I decided to make this the front of the card and adhered it to a 6x6 piece of white cardstock for the base.  Well, I guess I scored and folded against the grain and when the card was opened and closed a couple times, it ripped.  So, on the third day of trying to salvage this card, I decided to go with a black card base and made sure I scored and folded it on the grain!


Other than my boo-boos, this is a relatively easy card to create.  Everything was die cut from white cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  Glass glitter was used to accent the large poppy center and Chestnut Brown glitter accents the butterfly body.



I also decorated the inside of the card as this is going to a friend about to have surgery.  I added the negative piece of green cardstock when the Stitched frame was die cut and I added a different butterfly from that die set.  His body also has glitter and sparkle.

Now it's your turn to head on over to the Scrapy Land Challenge and upload your project (or two).  You have until April 28th to be in the running for one of the prizes from Scrapy Land.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, Anne, this is so stunning!! The colors are absolutely amazing!! I love the flowers and the pretty butterfly!! The background is so gorgeous!! I admire your perseverance -- I probably would've given up!! I'm so glad you salvaged it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

Love the background you created, it is gorgeous! The flowers really stand out against the background and the glass glitter makes the flower pop! Great card Anne!

Alina Florea said...

Amazing card! I absolutely loveeee the background and the splashes are the perfect finishing touch! Awesome work!

Julie Odil said...

This is beautiful, Anne! I love the watercolor background, and poppies always make a card!

Lena said...

Such happy colours, Anne! It's beautiful and bound to bring a smile to the recipient. Love the background you created. It was worth persevering till the end :-)
Have a great evening.
Hugs,
Lena

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card Anne <3 xx

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Wonderful card Anne, love it!!
Hugs D xxx

sarascloset said...

Anne, I'm so glad you rescued this card from ruin, because it is GORGEOUS! I love that beautiful background and that stunning butterfly and brilliant flowers. Great details and fabulous card!

Lena said...

Great use of your dies, Anne on a gorgeous background. Love, love the colours you used!
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Lena
Lena’s Creations