Thursday, June 6, 2019

Fairy Wish {Lavinia World Challenges #2}


I love working with the Lavinia stamps from Lavinia World and I'm so happy to share with you my project for the second Lavinia World Challenges.  


The stamp I'm showcasing today is the Fairy Wish stamp. To begin, I used a John Next Door die set (Oakham Lattice) and die cut the center circle from white cardstock.  I then stamped the Fairy Wish image onto the cardstock with VersaFine black ink and heat set with Clear embossing powder.  Then I added Nuvo glitter (Sparkle Dust) to the fairy wings.  I love how the glitter looks green since the wings were black.  (If they had been a light color, then the wings would have looked more iridescent.) A pink glitter was also added to each of the flower blossoms.


 Using the same Oakham die set, I die cut the rest of the mat surrounding the image from a pale pink cardstock..

For the background mat, I used a Sue Wilson die set (Spanish Collection-Cordoba) and die cut it in a medium shade of pink.  This die is actually a rectangle.  So, in order to convert it to a square, I used my paper cutter and cut down the center of the die cut.  Then I added a strip of bright pink cardstock in the center and adhered each half to the strip.

A few more dots of pink glitter in the corners finish up the card nicely.

Now we hope you can come play with us at the Lavinia World Challenges.  This bi-weekly challenge ends June 17.  If you use a Lavinia stamp in your project, your chances of winning a fabulous $15 gift certificate to Lavinia World are doubled😍.

Be sure to Like Lavinia World on Facebook and Follow us on Instagram (LaviniaWorldStore).  Don't forget to tag us so we can see what you've created and comment on it.



Until next time.....



7 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card Anne! That little girl whispering her secrets to the fairy is just so sweet! I really love everything about this beautiful card!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Anne!! I love the way you framed the sweet image!! The touches of color are perfect!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

I really need to invest in more dies- I love how this showcases the stamped image. Gorgeous! Vicki

Julie Odil said...

All the sparkle is so pretty on this, Anne, and those die cuts are wonderful!

Debbie Sherman said...

Anne love how you framed this card with this beautiful die cut! Gorgeous!

Steph Ackerman said...

Love this stamp and how your framed her.

Lena said...

This is such a beautiful card, Anne. Love the dies you used to showcase the beautiful fairy image. Love the fairy wings and the sparkle on the blossoms.
Enjoy your Sunday.
Hugs,
Lena
Lena’s Creations