Thursday, December 19, 2019

Gaggle of Geese {Lavinia World #16}



Hey everyone, here is my latest project for the Lavinia World Challenges #16.

I used the following stamps from Lavinia World on my card:



For this card, I started out by die cutting my background with a Tonic Studios die set (Ribbon and Bow Layering Set) from white cardstock and then blending in Distress Inks and Oxides until I was happy with the colors.

Using a stamp positioner, I stamped the Gaggle of Geese first as I knew I wanted to mask them in order to have the Spring Trees behind them.  I also did something a little different.  The first time I stamped the geese, I used VersaMark and then sprinkled white embossing powder over parts of the image, trying to stay mainly around their heads and then having a few sprinkles along their bodies.  I heat set the embossing powder and placed the cardstock back into the stamp positioner.  Then, cleaning the stamp, I stamped the geese again using VersaFine Clair (Nocturne).  The Ducks were also stamped with Nocturne.

I created a mask of the Geese from scrap paper, fussy cut it out and placed it on top the the main Gaggle of Geese.  Leaving the mask in place, I stamped the Spring Trees with VersaFine Clair (Pine Cone).  

I really wanted a Fall card, so I randomly stamped the Foliage with Distress Inks among some of the branches and along the bottom of the tree trunks.  I added some Nuvo Confetti (Chestnut Brown Flakes) onto some of the leaves as well.

I created some glitter ribbon to layer behind my matted focal point and then added a couple more layers to finish up.


 EXCITING NEWS!!

 Lavinia World has it's very own Facebook group called Anything Lavinia.


Not only can you share any of your projects that use Lavinia products (stamps and papers), you can also enter our challenges there 💕.   There will be a specific Album for each challenge for you to upload your projects.  If you enter our challenge on the Lavinia World Challenges blog, the theme is anything goes.  If you enter our challenge via the Anything Lavinia facebook group, it must include a Lavinia product (stamps, papers).  Entries from both Lavinia World Challenges and Anything Lavinia will be combined and one winner will be chosen by the Designers to receive a $15 gift certificate from Lavinia World.


Come and be social.  Share your projects with us on social media:


STORE ** CHALLENGE ** FACEBOOK ** INSTAGRAM

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram: LaviniaWorldStore

Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!

Now it's your turn to join us.  You have until Monday, Dec 30 to enter in either place (no duplicates though.)  We can't wait to see what you share with us!!


Until next time.....


6 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

One of my favorite Tonic frames! Anne, your scene (and frame) are BEAUTIFUL with the blue/peach ombre effect and the way it seeps into the frame. I have never thought about inking a background and being sure that the frame is an extension of the background. Great design idea! It's a wonderful scene. Even though your birds are geese, the coloring and shading look exactly like the wild turkeys that roam our area. LOVING this! Merry Christmas, dear friend! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

The color of your background is so lifelike Anne! The geese are amazing - they look like they are popped up! Loving the trees with their fall foliage - awesome idea and the sprinkling of them on the ground too! Beautiful work!

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Anne, I love the geese and gorgeous scene you have created.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Grandma Bonnie said...

Anne, Your card makes me smile, i think i can hear them honking and making their noises! What a pretty card!

Donna said...

What a beautiful scene. Merry Christmas Anne!

Julie Odil said...

I really like the effect you got on your gaggle of geese, Anne. It looks like markings on them. Great card!