Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Winter Wonderland {Scrapy Land #127}


Welcome to Scrapy Land Challenge #127!  I have a pretty quick and easy Christmas card to share with you today. The theme is always Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells (hint: there are over 55 brands, so more than likely you have a few of these brand in your stash 😀).

The following dies were used to create my card:


Sue Wilson Designs: Festive Collection-Snowflake Background (these would also work well)
Sizzix: Tim Holtz Holiday Words Script

I stared out by die cutting the Snowflake Background from Gold embossed cardstock, leaving the center oval intact.  Next, using the smallest oval that came in the set (or any oval you have on hand), I die cut white cardstock and then stamped my tree.  This is a Hero Arts stamp set (Color Layered Christmas Tree) and it was stamped with Distress Oxides (Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Lucky Clover, Pine Needles).  Once this was completed, I decided it was a little too bright for what I had in mind.  So using the next smallest oval, I die cut a piece of vellum and adhered it on top of my tree.  The Christmas tree was then adhered to the center of my Snowflake Background.

A piece of glitter cardstock was used for the card base and the sentiment die cuts.  As I said, pretty quick and easy.  This would be an easy design to mass produce. 😀

Now it's your turn to join us for the Scrapy Land Challenge #127, which ends on Dec 15.  The winner of the challenge will receive a $15 gift certificate to Scrapy Land and is chosen by random.org.  The Designers choose the Top Three and Honorable Mention categories.


Until next time......




8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Love the shine and all that gorgeous blue! Lovely, lovely card Anne.
Lynn

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is lovely Anne! Good idea for batch making.

Lori Kobular said...

Love that snowflake background on your beautiful Christmas card! The blue really sets off the Christmas Tree in the middle!

Donna said...

How gorgeous, that shimmery die and the soft look to your evergreen are stunning!

Julie Odil said...

Very pretty,Anne! You are off and running with the Christmas cards!

Anne Buckingham said...

I am in love with the snowflake die cut. Makes a great frame around the art work and with the glitter paper behind is spectacular. Great card.

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous card, Anne! Beautiful die choices and I adore the blue and white combo.

Alina Florea said...

I love loveee love it!